Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this little guy followed me home yesterday. uploadfromtaptalk1450541396859.jpg
Not so little you say? Well I'll have to whip it out for you to get a better look.

I traded my 10.5 SBH for this 4 5/8 model. I liked the 10.5 but no matter what I did to my loads I always got flat primers. It was also a bear in the woods to carry. I'll report back once I shoot it.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took it out for a little bit before I hit the road (thanks to midnight towing Colorado Springs for towing a vehicle that didn't need it) it's probably just me but it shot a decent group of about 3 inches at 25 yards just resting it on the corner of my truck bed. It is hitting about 8 or 10 inches left though. I usually do hit a smidgen left with my glock and did the same with my old SBH. Hopefully I figure this issue out soon and get her dead on.

·
Corps Commander NGV
5,957 Posts
Nice revolver! Did you check that the rear sight is centered and not run to one side by a previous owner? I'd also try altering the position of your finger on the trigger as you could be pushing the gun left during trigger squeeze. If you're right handed try sliding your finger farther over towards the first joint. I finally had to change grips to get consistent, repeatable groups from my 7.5" SBH .44mag. Have fun shooting your pretty Ruger.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Very nice! I have its twin that I carry a lot!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice revolver! Did you check that the rear sight is centered and not run to one side by a previous owner? I'd also try altering the position of your finger on the trigger as you could be pushing the gun left during trigger squeeze. If you're right handed try sliding your finger farther over towards the first joint. I finally had to change grips to get consistent, repeatable groups from my 7.5" SBH .44mag. Have fun shooting your pretty Ruger.
I've only put around 35-40 rounds through it. (8.6 gr Titegroup with Lyman Mold Cast Keith Type) These were very mild in recoil so I may step it up. Sight seemed centered and I even tried to run it over a bit but it didn't help either. I'm guessing I'm just getting used to how I need to index the gun without pushing it when I fire.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
So this little guy followed me home yesterday. View attachment 21869
Not so little you say? Well I'll have to whip it out for you to get a better look.

I traded my 10.5 SBH for this 4 5/8 model. I liked the 10.5 but no matter what I did to my loads I always got flat primers. It was also a bear in the woods to carry. I'll report back once I shoot it.
I love strays but these kind I really love ... very nice

1 - 15 of 15 Posts