Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It,s about time I got off my butt and did this, I have seen other posts about bringing the scale up to eye height, what a difference it,s amazing, no more kinked neck bending down to see zero, now it,s perfect eye level, can,t believe I waited so long to do this, it,s not a foot stool just a platform I made, try it you may like it, Ron.

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a good idea, pictures please.
Great idea, like I have told others not figured out how to post pics yet, I am a 60s-70s man, we did not have cell phones or computers back then, this old dog is hard to teach new tricks but I am working on it. Made out of wood just like a foot stool but make sure you make it wide enough for a trickler witch I didn,t and had to modify. Ron.

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used to use the box it came in to get my scale up to eye level. And if you really want to go WOW get a digital scale.
After 3 years of balance beam measurements I got a digital scale and WOW, pair that with a powder dispenser and
WOW !!! :cool:
WOW WEE, I use both balance beam and digital to double check, WOW WOW WOW😝, Ron.

· Registered
Ruger .44 Carbine, Security-Six, Service-Six, Mini-14, .30 Carbine Blackhawk
2,201 Posts
Great idea, like I have told others not figured out how to post pics yet, I am a 60s-70s man, we did not have cell phones or computers back then, this old dog is hard to teach new tricks but I am working on it. Made out of wood just like a foot stool but make sure you make it wide enough for a trickler witch I didn,t and had to modify. Ron.
Another analog man living in a digital world?

me too. :LOL:

· Registered
Ruger .44 Carbine, Security-Six, Service-Six, Mini-14, .30 Carbine Blackhawk
2,201 Posts
50's - 60's man here ... I'm not even analog ... we had 8 Track Tape Players !
I simply stack up a few large reloading manuals and books to get the scale up , they were always handy and I level and zero the scale with every use .
Gary
I still play 8-tracks.... :ROFLMAO:
Audio equipment Musical instrument accessory Electronic device Machine Audio receiver

· Registered
1,010 Posts
I still have my balance beam and use it once a month to check my digital scale. I also still have my original Lee Hand Press that I started with, just in case.
Using a trickler was a pain in the butt with my balance beam. I started using a powder measure to get around the dipper always weighs different no matter
what you do. I'm just saying the combination of my powder measure and digital scale sped up my time on powder loading. It is down to 30 min per 100 rounds
so I am happy with that. I am old enough to understand analog / digital, but face it, it is a digital world. That does not mean that I do not have enough analog
goodies stashed away for the time that EMF Bomb goes off. :cool:

· Registered
1,271 Posts
50's - 60's man here ... I'm not even analog ... we had 8 Track Tape Players !
I simply stack up a few large reloading manuals and books to get the scale up , they were always handy and I level and zero the scale with every use .
Gary
Me two ... Just stack the old reloading books up and then Walaaa .... Instant scale block ... It doesn't make for a very good travel source but stay at home ....
Great 👍

· Registered
3,988 Posts
Me two ... Just stack the old reloading books up and then Walaaa .... Instant scale block ... It doesn't make for a very good travel source but stay at home ....
Great 👍
When on the road ... or reloading down at my office , I leave the powder scale at home and break out my "dippers" I have made dipper's for all my pet loads and carrying a little box of dippers is travel and set-up easy .
Gary

· Registered
598 Posts
You could scan in a Polaroid. :LOL:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts