Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a blast from the past. Ruger's Product Catalog from 1984.
Below are the pages for the Security/Service/Speed Six's, with the price list included. Sure takes you back. Hope you guys enjoy.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Great pics!!! I've always wanted to see one of these.

Thanks a bunch!!!!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Nice piece of history there. Thanks for posting.

I paid more than this for a used and older Security Six!

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
My first handgun was a Security with a 6" bbl. Your post brought back great memories. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wow!
My first handgun (too young to legally own, but parents signed for it) was a Ruger Speed Six.

That was in 1983, so it was fun to read the prices from that catalog!!
Man, I must have saved like crazy (dishwashing job) to afford that!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Oh wouldn't you like to have three hours arrainging a loan at your bank, then getting to spend a day in 1984????????

·
Registered
142 Posts
Awsome, takes you back. My father had a Ruger single six convertible (.22) that he paid a whopping $68 for back in 1968. But then again, back then that was serious change. (That gun is now mine and stays in its original condition)

·
Registered
17,044 Posts
An AC-556 for $399. Wrap it up.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Many thanks for your post!

RevolverGuy;

Thank you so much for the catalog pics. Because you shared this, I now know what my 1984-era .38 Police Service-Six cost (250$). I did notice that my particular PSS Model (SDA-84HP) was "not" listed. But your 84-catalog "did" give the price for that printed Model number PSS. Thanks again sir!

David

·
Registered
800 Posts
Thanks, RevolverGuy, for the nostalgia. I have a Speed Six and a Security Six, both early-mid 1980's vintage. This was like looking up a couple of new friends in their old school yearbook. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts