Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found this interesting little info site on various snubs including ruger sp101, various s&w "j, k, n" frame snubs, colt detective spl, etc.

Just a bit of info about the snubs and also some articles on dao, sa/da, tactics, etc. Foud it to be quite enjoyable.

http://www.snubnose.info/guns.htm

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,471 Posts
There is a lot of totally bogus information on several of the models listed, including the SP-101. The author seems to think "metal thickness" is the only strength issue .... far from true. I also don't care for the editorials about S&W history ... a General shooting a NVA in the head point blank has nothing to do with the quality of a S&W revolver. When you write a critique about a particular gun, you should stay with facts. If you make profound statements, they should be based on fact not speculation from someone that is not a subject matter expert. Before the readers can form their own opinion, they need accurate information ... both positive and negative. Sorry but the web site reads like a typical monthly gun rag.

Many of you know I prefer full sized guns to a snubby. That doesn't mean I don't respect them ... it just means I'd rather carry a full sized gun to get more of the advantages in my favor. The site did a decent job telling the good features of snubbys but said almost nothing about the weaknesses / vulnerabilities. I guess that would be natural for a snubby web site.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
well, every rose has it's thorn----being a "snubby site" i guess they tend to be bias and try to show the best while not expanding on the negatives.

Did find the Stephen Camp articles to be entertaining.....;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts