Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Ausmerican.

Registered

Registered
Grumpy Cat for President!

From Land of Fruit & Nuts

Registered
You made me google it. Now I know for sure that It will never be in my vocabulary.

"The word meme is a shortening (modeled on gene) of mimeme (from Ancient Greek 渭委渭畏渭伪 pronounced [m铆藧m蓻藧ma] m墨m膿ma, "imitated thing", from 渭喂渭蔚峥栂兾肝蔽 mimeisthai, "to imitate", from 渭峥栁嘉肯 mimos, "mime")[4] coined by British evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins in The Selfish Gene (1976)[1][5] as a concept for discussion of evolutionary principles in explaining the spread of ideas and cultural phenomena. Examples of memes given in the book included melodies, catchphrases, fashion, and the technology of building arches.[6]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme

From Land of Fruit & Nuts
You made me google it. Now I know for sure that It will never be in my vocabulary.

"The word meme is a shortening (modeled on gene) of mimeme (from Ancient Greek 渭委渭畏渭伪 pronounced [m铆藧m蓻藧ma] m墨m膿ma, "imitated thing", from 渭喂渭蔚峥栂兾肝蔽 mimeisthai, "to imitate", from 渭峥栁嘉肯 mimos, "mime")[4] coined by British evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins in The Selfish Gene (1976)[1][5] as a concept for discussion of evolutionary principles in explaining the spread of ideas and cultural phenomena. Examples of memes given in the book included melodies, catchphrases, fashion, and the technology of building arches.[6]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme
Wow!
Way too much information GJ. ... :D

Registered
Cats!

They make the best moving targets! ;)

Registered
If that cat could talk, what tales he'd tell,
About Della and the Dealer and the dog as well.
But the cat was cool,
And he never said a mumblin' word.

I'll take a cat over a mutt any day, Thank You!

Registered
My sister bought me a button that says, "A cat will almost always flinch when hit with a hammer".
She knows I hate cats.

Registered
Cats are cool. I've had them most of my life, and have learned the feline worldview.

Dogs are cool. The last dog I had was a Catahoula I picked from the litter for my then-girlfriend and helped raise; I'm well rid of her, but I still miss that dog.

Banned
People just don't seem to get the order of things when it comes to cats and dogs. Cats are misunderstood so here's a tidbit that might help the misinformed.

Rule # 1 about cats, cats have staff not owners.

Rule # 1 about dogs, dogs have owners.

Think about that for a moment and it will make perfect sense.

Registered
People just don't seem to get the order of things when it comes to cats and dogs. Cats are misunderstood so here's a tidbit that might help the misinformed.

Rule # 1 about cats, cats have staff not owners.

Rule # 1 about dogs, dogs have owners.

Think about that for a moment and it will make perfect sense.
And that's why I hate cats.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts