Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No matter which branch they served in then or now there are many of us that owe our very lives to these folks. Take for example that they have little more than bandages and so forth. Yet they would brave anything and everything to get to the wounded. Yep they were the ones that gave us all those shots and kept us well when we were sick. Never once did I ever hear one complain. A great bunch of folks if ya ask me. We called them doc ofcourse they weren't doctors but they were as close to one as we were going to get to see for a while.
Always had a beer for doc, male or female a great bunch of folks to have on our side. I do this every year at this time, just think we need to say thanks to those folks.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yup...a different kind of bravery...I have a bud in Nachitoches, La. who was a medic in the Navy-got shot by a sniper crawling out to help a wounded Marine...the gooks loved to get a corpsman...noone left to help the fighters...bullet went up his leg and into upper thigh...hit a major nerve...massive pain ever since...had to stop climbing ladders a few years ago...was an A/C man...had dreams come on him and we talked about it...they started almost 20 years ago...they really give...unarmed, mostly...just going out to help...thank God for their kind....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts