Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago, my 10m air rifle instructor told us of a story where he was "instructing" a guy for his Target Shooting license (I unfortunately live in Puerto Rico, from birth to my immediate future...). The guy had a revolver, a snub of unknown model made by Rossi.

The guy is there shooting his little POS untill empty. Walking over to the target, both of them see something odd, there was 1 extra hole on the target, when they only fired 5. The guy then looks at his gun and notice's the lack of weight, front sight, oh and uhm...lack of barrel. It seems the barrel when flying with the last round of the cylinder and keyholes on target.

I have never been a fan of ROSSI or Taurus (other than the PT92, PT1911 and Rossi's line of Lever guns) and absolutely loath them but never thought they were so badly constructed that they could pose a health hazard to the user.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Well, let's just say I'd own a Taurus long before I'd own a Rossi. I've looked at a few Rossi products, long and short, and at times they scared me.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
I know the topic here is Rossi revolvers I have had 2-3 Taurus's very well made no problems ever. Now that's been sai this Rossi was it shooting factory loads or reloads??

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bwinyers

I would highly suggest against a .22 for serious purposes. I know I'm going to get the same old "Shot placement is king" rhetoric but that's not how it works. Discounting the caliber, a revolver is more for pros, reloads are harder and trigger discipline is REQUIRED.

Spike12

I usually look at the more "middle ground" guns like the Raging Bulls, 77, and the 7-8 shot revolvers. These guns are better built but cannot compete with pre-lock, pre-MIM guns or to Colts, Rugers.

Gqucool

Reloading requires EXPENSIVE licensing here in PR. If the guy was too cheap to buy a quality revolver, he probably did not have reloads on the gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts