Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my eye on a King Ranch. How much should I expect to pay if I want all the options?

·
Pony Soldier
8,640 Posts
Your first born, and your left testicle!!
Ooops, a Chica may be a female. Just figure a lot!!

Greg

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I will stick with my Escalade for that price.

·
Bat Man
1,672 Posts
Examine the used market, that's your best bet.

I priced an F350 not too long ago for entertainment purposes. What I would call "reasonably" equipped it was $71,000.00 !!!!

I love my 2002 F350 Dually crew with the 7.3L diesel. It has the heavier chassis with the 4.10 diff in it so when we were in Montana that 85 mph speed limit was out of reach. Bought it new in Feb. 2002 and it now has almost 140k miles on it, still going strong.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Last week I was admiring a customer's brand new top of the line fully loaded with every available option GMC Denali 2500 4X4 quad cab diesel, Allison, etc. He confessed the truck was $70K and he dropped another $15K in the lift kit, wheels, tires, light bars, etc... It's a beautiful machine but holy cow - $85,000 for a pickup! I would expect a decked Ford Super Duty would be in the same ballpark.

I shall continue to drive my 2007 Silverado with over 160K miles for as long as possible.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Yep, I certainly wouldn't consider buying new. You can find em 2 or three years old with low miles for less than half price.

·
Registered
188 Posts
does anyone actually use a pickup truck for it's intended purpose .... actually a work vehicle, or has the yuppie claim of the late 80's on pickups become the absolute norm forever?

I use a p/u for actual work ... as it was intended. Now I can't even consider replacing the 2003 model I running right now due to all the idiocy! What happened to the "utility" part of the acronym "SUV"?

Yep .... I have a baaad attitude about what happened to serviceable utility pickups!

jd

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
does anyone actually use a pickup truck for it's intended purpose .... actually a work vehicle, or has the yuppie claim of the late 80's on pickups become the absolute norm forever?

I use a p/u for actual work ... as it was intended. Now I can't even consider replacing the 2003 model I running right now due to all the idiocy! What happened to the "utility" part of the acronym "SUV"?

Yep .... I have a baaad attitude about what happened to serviceable utility pickups!

jd
Yep - work out of mine everyday. Bought a used 2007 with low miles in 2008 and bought it right. It's a Silverado WT (work truck). Crank windows and manual locks and no cruise control. I did have power windows and locks with a fob added. But 5.3 V8, 4X4, auto, air, tow package - the important stuff. Vinyl seats that look like leather (have covers on 'em now) and vinyl floor. Runs like a champ and it will probably have close to 200,000 miles on it when my son turns 16 and inherits it.

As long as the big three offer a work truck trim level I'll be OK. They're still a lot more money than I want to pay so I won't buy a new one. But a year old with low miles - sure.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Good friend just bought a new F150 platinum with every available option and MSRP was $62,000.00. I did not ask what he paid as we did not have a defibrillator close by:D Thing is he trades every year. This time next year someone can get a really good deal as he never takes it off road and babies it every mile. Probably won't have 10,000 miles on it. Writes them off as business expense as he is self employed.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Yeah, new pickup prices are climbing out of sight. I'm not surprised that pickups provide the manufacturers with the greatest profit margin of any vehicle they make. The F150 has always been the top selling vehicle and it continues as such. Does anyone know how the new aluminum body work is holding up. I'm not so sure that I would take it over steel.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'll just stick with my 2008 Ford ranger. I can't believe what new PU's cost these days! Sure,I can only carry a yard of sand or 1500 lbs. of broken concrete,but I can afford to make the extra trip cuz it's been paid off for a long time!

·
Registered
606 Posts
For 50,000 and more, they should come with a "welcome" door mat and a door bell!
Trucks and cars are way over priced. I am an old fart and have lots of trouble paying more for a vehicle than I did for my house.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

jd
Does hauling hog carcasses and some offroading count as intended purposes? That's not the only reason I have my eye on a King Ranch but it a reason.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts