Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to obtain info on MAXXTech Ammo. I understand it is made in, Bosnia. I also Know it is cheap ammo and a lot of it is steel cased. I am interested in the Brass Cased .380 Auto ammo. Has any one tried it yet?

SlickGuns has this ammo for: $220. for 1,000 rds. w/Free Shipping. That is $0.22 a rd. for .380 ball ammo. If you shoot a lot
of .380, you know how expensive it can get!
I suspect this ammo to shoot quite dirty, but have no knowledge of it's quality. Brass Cased, Boxer Primed, 95gr. FMJ.
I was hoping someone else had used it and what their results and comments were.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've had good luck with it in 9MM. It shot a lot better than the Federal 115 gr. aluminum out of my CZ 75b, No dirtier than other "Bulk" ammunition.

·
Registered
242 Posts
If it's made in Bosnia and since the packaging looks similar to TulAmmo Brass Maxx, I think it's safe to assume they are the same. For some reason, the round cylinder 100 round packs of Brass Maxx say made in Bosnia but the 50 round boxes of Brass Maxx say made in Italy. A lot of speculation is that the ones labeled made in Italy are actually manufactured by Fiocchi.

If Maxx Tech is in fact the same as Brass Maxx, don't hesitate to get some. I have shot approx. 1500 rounds of Brass Maxx in 9mm without one single issue. The only reason that number isn't higher is because it sells out at my local Wal Mart pretty quick so I just buy the next best/cheapest thing which is Winchester White Box. I have had only one failure with WWB but that's still one more than Brass Maxx...

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
That's weird... Here's a couple pics of what my 9mm ones say...

All of my 50 round boxes of Brass MaXX say made in Italy, and the contents are identical to the Perfecta ammo (which the Italian Fiocchi website states as one of their product lines).

That said, I just bought 2 boxes of Fiocchi 9x18mm last weekend and they are labeled "Made in Hungary".

·
Banned
650 Posts
You can get a good deal on Fiocchi ball ammo. I bought a case last week. Right now Fiocchi has went up it is $259 for 1,000 rounds shipped to your door. The Fiocchi ammo is made in Italy and has CIP proof marks on the case. Geco 380 is made in Hungary.
Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics 380 ACP AUTO Ammo 95 Grain Full Metal Jacket

Here is the Tula for $239 shipped to your door.
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/maxxtech-380-acp-auto-ammo-95-gr-fmj-tlptgb380b-p-58686.aspx

You know the Fiocchi will burn clean and function well. If you want to gamble on the other ammo it's your choice.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
You can get a good deal on Fiocchi ball ammo. I bought a case last week. Right now Fiocchi has went up it is $259 for 1,000 rounds shipped to your door. The Fiocchi ammo is made in Italy and has CIP proof marks on the case. Geco 380 is made in Hungary.
Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics 380 ACP AUTO Ammo 95 Grain Full Metal Jacket

Here is the Tula for $239 shipped to your door.
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/maxxtech-380-acp-auto-ammo-95-gr-fmj-tlptgb380b-p-58686.aspx

You know the Fiocchi will burn clean and function well. If you want to gamble on the other ammo it's your choice.
My box of Geco 9x18mm (Makarov) only states "Made in EU". Could well also be made in Hungary (and possibly the same factory as the Fiocchi 9mm Makie ammo).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts