1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Now that's a real beauty you got there Rman. How do you like the DAO? That sure looks like a good packing gun to me. Good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! I always seem to be attracted to these off-the-wall things. I really don't like the green a lot. The slide and frame are stainless, but they are coated. I would have settled for just plain old stainless. The LDA is really that...really light and smooth. If you are a dyed in the wool 1911 fan you probably wouldn't like it. While the trigger reset is short for a double-action, a die-hard 1911 shooter would have to adjust. It has the best trigger pull of any true DAO gun I've ever shot and seems to shoot POA with Blazer Brass 230 gr fmj stuff. It's heavy, so recoil is not an issue. That group is really nothing to brag about...it was only 7 yards. I blew about 3 shots out of the first magazine full. I was trying to shoot fairly fast and expected the trigger pull to be heavier. Once I settled down, it put the rest of the box in a decent group. If this thing remains reliable after a few hundred rounds, it will definitely be one of my favorites.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fine weapon!!!!!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
rman, couple things:

1. I assumed it was 7 yards and stand by my being impressed.

2. I don't think I've ever seen the words 'dyed in the wool' written out, but now that I do, that expression makes a lot more sense. Thanks!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Nice... Looks SPIFFY to me...<:))

·
Registered
431 Posts
I am a 'dyed in the wool' 1911 shooter and I'd still like to try one of those on for size. That little sucker is neat.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have a question. Is it dao or does it go to single action after the first round? If it is dao, why does it need a safety?

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Put two blueberry pies on the counter by my bowl and go out and sin some more!!!! Nice pistola!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
quote:Originally posted by kim

I have a question. Is it dao or does it go to single action after the first round? If it is dao, why does it need a safety?

Molon Labe

Kim
It is da for all shots. The safety is a good question. It locks the slide and disconnects the trigger. I think it's function is to make it look like a 1911 and to make 1911 shooters feel all warm and fuzzy. Seems totally unnecessary to me. Safety is in the shooter's mind and not the device. One note of caution - if you have a misfire, you don't get another chance at it. You have to rack the slide - you can't cock the hammer manually.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

Put two blueberry pies on the counter by my bowl and go out and sin some more!!!! Nice pistola!!!!
I put your pies just inside the doggy door. I was afraid Kansas45 would beat you to them!:D

·
Registered
842 Posts
Nice gun and darn good shooting.
My guess would be you left those pies for sheepdog outside so he couldn't get close to that pistol. You'd have to pry his fingers off to get it back:D
Baker

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
quote:Originally posted by btrumanj

Nice gun and darn good shooting.
My guess would be you left those pies for sheepdog outside so he couldn't get close to that pistol. You'd have to pry his fingers off to get it back:D
Baker
Thanks! (And as to the pies...you guessed it!:D)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by rman

quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

I put your pies just inside the doggy door. I was afraid Kansas45 would beat you to them!:D
Heck, rman. I can't even fit through that doggie door! :(
After sheepy ate all of that pie, he couldn't get out! :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts