Ruger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I remedied that oversight after realizing that I had not taken it to the range in about a year.

Great little shooting gun, and, I scored 2 bricks of the Norma TAC-22 which I kept reading about on RimfireCentral and how good it was. I bought two bricks of the same lot number and Im happy I did because my gun also likes it.

Brown Handwriting Font Rectangle Material property

Handwriting Rectangle Font Tints and shades Paint

And the 10/22

Door Wood Gas Door handle Automotive exterior

Air gun Trigger Plant Machine gun Gun barrel

Plant Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Wood Gun barrel

·
Registered
103 Posts
My god.... I have several guns I haven't shot yet, and my 10/22 has a new scope which still needs to be sighted in. I haven't been shooting since BC (before covid).

·
Registered
Ruger .44 Carbine, Security-Six, Service-Six, Mini-14, .30 Carbine Blackhawk
1,539 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
Ruger Shooter
355 Posts
Man, that's some beautiful shooting and a very beautiful rig you got there. I think I'm missing out on something not having a 10/22.

Reactions: rmichael63

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks folks! Its alot of fun to shoot, and cheap, well, cheaper. I recently bought a 22wmr cz bolt gun not really realizing how much more expensive the ammo was. Alot of it is about the same price as some 9mm and the box is about 1/5 the size. Why? Why is that?

Back to the ruger, Ive had this one for about 7 years and have just added to it slowly over time and Im very happy with where it is. Its just a bench gun, toi heavy for hunting or pretty much anything else. It does a fine job though.

There are some factory parts left in it like the bolt, receiver, hammer, springs and operating rod, and the handle. I think Ive swapped the rest.😁

Biggest improvements came with the BX trigger, Viktor stock and the GreenMountain barrel. I really love that stock, its just like the big gun stocks and way over built and rigid for a 22lr.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Man, that's some beautiful shooting and a very beautiful rig you got there. I think I'm missing out on something not having a 10/22.
For sure man ... I bought mine at an estate auction for roughly $125. This is my best shot ever, Grand River 25 yards.

Spiral Circle Astronomical object Archery Recreation

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Nice little tack driver!!! Totally agree on the 10/22 fun factor. I have far better rifles but enjoy shooting my Ruger most.
Not sure you are referencing the OP or mine. But, "better rifle" can be defined differently by folks. You are right they are sure fun to shoot.

·
Corps Commander NGV
8,459 Posts
My god.... I have several guns I haven't shot yet, and my 10/22 has a new scope which still needs to be sighted in. I haven't been shooting since BC (before covid).
I can't imagine it. Shooting is life. I had to give up cruise ships due to Covid, but otherwise my life didn't change. Get out and shoot. Life is too short to wait.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts