Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I went to the LGS today to pick up a scope I had them order for me. All the big online players, Midway, Amazon, Optics Planet, Cabelas, etc., had it for $229.99. When I ordered it the other day, the owner quoted me $210, which I was of course happy about. Today when I got there to pick it up, they rang me up and it was only $195. Guess who will be buying more things there?*

Back when I still lived in Louisiana, I posted about my "crack dealer" LGS there. I had a new 10/22 on layaway there, and I went to make my last payment. When they brought it out from the back, there was a brick of .22lr taped to the box. Hrmph. That store separated me from a lot of my hard-earned money.

*The store in question is small, and while the owner has a good selection of used guns that he sells on consignment, he keeps a very limited inventory of new guns in stock. He will order whatever a customer wants, and his prices for new guns are extremely low- usually about the same as what the big online places like Bud's are charging.

·
Registered
6,338 Posts
You know they do that just to get you hooked, don't you? :D

Jim

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Always nice to find a new dealer... ya know!?

It's always a nice feeling to find that place that does right by you. I am finding my places here in TN. Enjoy your new gear!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
You'll be his forever now..... ;) :D

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey,ditto

Just out of curiosity,would you be talking about Cimino's Guns and Archery?
Nope, never been there. Merrill is a little ways from here. Looking at their website, though, it looks like a nice store, one that I'll have to check out for sure.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While on a subject, what would be an appropriate spotting scope for 100-300 yards rifle range?
Do you walk to work, or carry your lunch?

Seriously, I have no idea. The range I belong to has a couple of them that work fine, but I've never checked to see what kind they are.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
I have a couple LGS's in my area that treat me well also! I prefer to business with the small guy too!

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
I think we all have our dealers who help feed our addiciton, but then we also have our own version of the DEA, otherwise known as "the wife"

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
While on a subject, what would be an appropriate spotting scope for 100-300 yards rifle range?
I have an older Redfield and an inexpensive Bushnell that are adequate in clarity out to a little more than 100 yards for small caliber target work.
My buddy has a Vortex that is adequate for small caliber target work to about 250 yards, at about triple the price I paid for either of mine.
Bushnell - Spotting Scopes
Vortex Optics - Spotting Scopes

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK, so where is this place? Sounds like Virlee Gunworks in New Franken E. of Green Bay.
I'm not saying until more people fork over the names of their favorite LGS around here. :)

Oh, one other place I liked when I was there is Gus's Guns in Suamico. I was going to order an AR-556 online for $599. They had one in stock and agreed to match the price.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts