41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
My Dad taught me years ago...Buy 2, Shoot 1.....Buy 2, Shoot 1

·
Registered
178 Posts
Funny how I told some friends I was buying ammo at around .30 cents around 3 weeks ago. They told me I was nuts. Now its .50 plus per box of 50 for 9mm FMJ 115 grain. Bought a 1000 rounds and split it with family and friends.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Just returned from KYGUNCO.

40S&W - $20/box/50
45acp - $25/box/50
9mm - $17/box/50
38 special - $21/box/50
Federal premium 12 ga defensive slugs - $15/box/10

All Federal, brass, FMJ target stuff. They are getting low and have box limits. I live pretty close and whenever I am in the area I stop in. I was talking to my buddy who works there and the suppliers are telling them the shortage is going to last a long time and that their shipments will be getting cut. KYGUNCO buys it by the pallet.

Before the cult tells me I should reload, those supplies are in worse shape. Before you tell me I should have bought last year, I did, by the case.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hard pass, and I'd never shop in that store ever again. A local outdoor range jacked up their prices during the previous crazy shortage...my feet shall never cross their threshold ever again. They can stick their ammo where the sun don't shine. This time and evermore I'm much better prepared...lesson learned.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you are in business, & I am, people know when you are piling on the price when you have something not many people have, There's a difference between a price increase, & hittin someone in the head with a rock increase. It hurts you in the long run, & it should. High prices don't have a fiddle damn to do with making sure products are availible. I buy ammo when its on sale, etc, but first time gun buyers in these times don't have that luxury.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts