Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Dang I am still on a high from this...... a buddy told me about a 1895G in 45-70 that was at another SportingGoodsStore in town marked at $399.00 on consignment. Well I ran over there and they still had it, I well was really hoping that it wasn't consigned.....

The tag said pre-owned and it was at $399.00 and looked like it just came out of the box. I don't think it had been hardly shot neither.....

Well I hung onto it with a vice grip cuz aint no one gettin this away from me.... so I ask the sales guy.. when did this come in, he said, yesterday the guy traded it for a TC Contender.

Well I put $50.00 down on her....... It looks identical to this one below and the serial number starts with 99xxxxxx

·
Registered
758 Posts
You are slowly (Well, not real slow) and surely cornering the market on lever guns. I better get busy and get my share before you get 'em all!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Dang, JB, I get out of work and I get put out on the yard on bread and water till I get another job----YOU get out of work and get to buy half the guns in Montana---I feel like I'm missin' something here...does your wife have a sister who likes old ugly fat guys with no money and few teeth????

·
Registered
880 Posts
JB....

You're terminal...with this malady, don't try to fight it, just enjoy!

Congrats on the 45-70. It's truly a do-anything round. Been around it since I was an early teen...amazingly, my first CF was an old trapdoor Springfield!

·
Registered
268 Posts
nice!!
just watch it those snub nose marlins kill at both ends:D.my hunting bud has one and when loaded up with those 405's they have a good bark.
pete

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

We ought to have a Warthog Society for those that shoot real large caliber booooolits :D

·
Registered
880 Posts
JB...

You're contagious...I thought I was in remission, but...found another 30-30....a 100th aniv. 336 ( with th' medallion in th' stock )..it twas' lookin good fer a 37 yoa...real good...brought her home with me!

Also saw a really nice early .444, with th' high comb and 26" bbl, pre-warning and safety...Still there...also saw a 100th aniv. .44 1894 with th' saddle ring...She's still there also...

·
Registered
20 Posts
howdy pard

a real beaut i got me one of them 1895 4570 cowboy models and boy o boy do i like it real fun

happy trails
sundance

·
Registered
576 Posts
JB...nice Marlin...I love those with the straight grip. I have been wanting to order a .44Mag or the Guide Gun in .45-70, but they are so spendy, even wholesale. I love the stainless Marlins with the straight grip. I may have to break down and get one in. They are PURRty! We're going to Montana in about 3 weeks!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
looks like that would have a huffy recoil

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Even lookin at this picture gives me the shakes...

glad I hold it from the other end.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Somethin' convincin' 'bout a .45 caliber hole...have you bought one of the stainless .44s yet????

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Somethin' convincin' 'bout a .45 caliber hole...have you bought one of the stainless .44s yet????
Nope aint got one of them stainless .44's yet, but during this next year I am hoping to change all of my firearms out to stainess. Oh I can see you grinning now.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
When I was a kid I loved lever guns, they were my favorites, but as I got older my arms got longer and it became hard to find a levergun that would fit and so I kind of divorced myself from them.

Lately I have been hankering to get into one and just lookin at that 45-70 similar to yours has got me going.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts