Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the same way I found my .327 FM Ruger SP101 3 inch model. Browsing this evening & bingo this Ruger Blackhawk Convertible Model pops up the seller possibly wants to trade. Well I sent him a text asking him what is he looking for. So we will see, now my question's are just a ball park figure how old might this gun be? From the pictures it appears to be in really nice condition. Yes there are 2 cylinders with this gun. Ever since I acquired my .327FM SP101 wow this .327 is a neat ctg. giving more ctg's to fire in the same gun! I would greatly appreciate any comments on features & possible rough value on this Blackhawk Convertible where it's a Blackhawk I am assuming its a larger framed gun vs the current Ruger Single Sevens now being made. I know at one time Ruger made a 8 shot Blackhawk in .327FM so would this Convertible .32H&R/.32-20 be on this same frame size?? But again comments much appreciated thanks!!!:D;)

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Can't tell you much about the gun, but I would love to have the capability to shoot 32-20 in a modern revolver. I used to shoot the 32-20 in a Contender and, like other 32s, it was a pleasure to shoot and in a modern revolver, you could reload it up to 327 levels, no sweat.

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
It would be a Buckeye special I'm guessing at least 30 years old, I always wanted one of them great combo. Search the web you will find more information.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well after much back and forth texting with the seller he says on GB he see his Blackhawk going for 600-900 dollars my response back was on GB everything is always over priced. Bottom line after several gun offers on my side his cash price he wants $500.00 this Blackhawk looks like new, I will have to sell one gun to purchase this one so time will tell!!! My one question is how many shots would this gun be? Where its a Blackhawk it could have more then 6 holes in the cylinders because Ruger made a 8 shot Blackhawk at one time in .327 FM oh well no biggie going to sit on this one and see what happens !!

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
It's almost certainly a six-shot convertible New Model Blackhawk sold thru Buckeye Sports.

Serial number should be in the 610-series, made only in 1988.

RENE has them at $735 in "pristine" condition, including the box & papers.

:)

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well then $500.00 is a good price for what I am seeing the condition to me is excellent bluing is very nice the only thing I am not sure of if it has the original box or not because even in the listing I am seeing appears to be unfired etc!

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
That's the best price I've seen in a long time, especially as nice of a gun as you describe!

You don't want to miss that deal, you won't find another. Hock something if you have to or raid the wife's mad money!

They are definitely 6 shots. The coolest thing about it is, with a reamer you can lengthen the chambers about 1/10" in 1) minutes and it'll also shoot your 327 Fed Mags.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts