Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
So do I Wizard. I was looking at them before. I don't know if I like the engraving or not. I would definately change out the grips. Plastic just doesn't look right on them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Bar-B-Que guns

The grips are Eagle grips in the gunfighter style. The set that came on my Davidson's Limited Edition New Vaquero are the same as the ones above and they are made plastic.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I have a set too. I like them on the blued guns. I don't like them on the SS engraved guns. They look like the cap guns I had as kid. :eek:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Purdy ones

Bountyhunter, I am not real fond of the bright white ones either. I am thinking about having a set of American Holly dyed to an aged Ivory look to put on my Davidson's New Vaquero.

I've posted a photo of my SS New Vaquero with dyed Holly here before and much prefer that color to the bright white.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's COOL!, wetidlerjr. I've seen yours before and asked you about the cylinder and you told me it came that way from the factory, remember that? One thing that makes yours look alot better is the grip medallions have the color on the background, not the bird (reverse of the ones that look soooooooooo PLASTIC!).

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well , i like the white ones , these are made of corian , i also have a set of walnuts as well.
I might send this one off for some engraving , have not decided yet.
SL.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Bountyhunter, I am not real fond of the bright white ones either. I am thinking about having a set of American Holly dyed to an aged Ivory look to put on my Davidson's New Vaquero.

I've posted a photo of my SS New Vaquero with dyed Holly here before and much prefer that color to the bright white.
American Holly with 18 to 24 coats of Tru Oil on it does not need any dye to look like aged ivory. Also, the pores in the wood are filled and they have a very nice feel to them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had these made by Bearpaw grips in Missouri. I like the darker color and will probable have another set made for my Davidson's New Vaquero.

Caryc, I've seen some pictures of your American Holly and they are outstanding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts