Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend's grandparents passed away recently and she's in New Mexico cleaning out their house right now. She was cleaning out the closet and found a cedar chest in the bottom. Inside the chest was her grandfather's WWII uniform and medals. Underneath her grandfather's uniform was her great-grandfather's WWI uniform! She's shipping them back in the cedar chest to be dry-cleaned and preserved. My uncle (82nd Airborne Rangers, Vietnam) graduated from West Point and he's going to get us a set of military uniform displays so we can hang them up on the wall. I think we're going to have a rather nice WWII/WWI display set up with the two uniforms, the medals, and my rifles set up on either side. I'm thinking I'll probably have the Garand on one side and probably a Springfield 1903 on the other side. It's still up in the air right now, we're focusing on getting these back to KY without damaging them first. After we get them cleaned, preserved, and in their cases I'll start worrying about the display itself.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
David, what an unbelievably cool find! Don't just take that to any dry cleaner though, find someone with some experience at this sort of thing. And please, as soon as possible, POST PICTURES!

·
Registered
704 Posts
quote:Originally posted by EddieF

David, what an unbelievably cool find! Don't just take that to any dry cleaner though, find someone with some experience at this sort of thing. And please, as soon as possible, POST PICTURES!
By all means,if you're able, try to locate a cleaner near a military installation. Ft. Cambell, or maybe contact a local Reserve or Guard unit for recommendations.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
That is an outstanding proud piece of history you have there! Display with pride!

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Great legacy to be passed on in your family. You are blessed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That is fantastic, I recently found my Grandpa's (WWII) pictures and a picture of my Great Granddad in WWI. It really meant alot to me. I'm sure your find did too...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts