Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was walking out to my car and this guy was there to greet me. Guess he wanted a ride home too...

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
We have a lot of the Copperheads here. They are very pretty, for a snake, but you don't want one to get a hold of you. Good pictures.

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like to keep it, but with a 16m daughter, wife wont let that fly. :)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You are NUTS-send me all your guns and begin treatment...oh, in 2011...I'da left that slimy b...... smushed on the lot....got a friend here was bit by one and left partially paralyzed...dangerous is buying a new gun w/o talking to Mama...this is worse.....[:0][:0]

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You saying a Copperhead is like a Glock, no safety?

LOL

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Worse....that sucker can move the end of the barrel faster than Annie Oakley-nowhere to go but BACKUP fast.....

·
Registered
589 Posts
Copperheads are beautiful snakes. They are however one of the few snakes I will kill if they give me half a chance.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by RNettles

Livin' on the edge, are we?[8D]
I like looking at Snakes as well as anyone. Heck, I even like most of them. I lost a life long friend to a Copperhead bite about 10 years ago. :(

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
quote:Originally posted by gunman42782

Where in the heck do you work at?
Just on the outskirts of atlanta. these guys are actually pretty common here.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, always stop overnight around Atlanta on the way thru. Not one of the sights we care to see.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I don't mind a snake as long as they keep their distance. I use to have a Rosy Boa that was very friendly. Around here you gotta be careful of the black water moccasin, or cotton mouth. They are one of the more agressive snakes and will drop out of a tree into your boat and come after you. And if one greets you on the ground, it will not retreat, but usually gets very agressive. Them I don't like. Most snakes are happy just going about their business and have a purpose to be here on this earth with the rest of us.

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Copperheads are in the same family as a Cottonmouth, and are very closely related. Copperheads are actually very passive, and will always try to retreat if given a .01% chance. However, they will strike at anything that gets close enough.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Keith, I have a couple questions. How did you capture it, exactly?? And can you take more pictures of it before you do whatever you're going to do with it? I recommend using the camera zoom rather than the arm/face zoom method.

My attitudes about snakes have changed a lot since we recently got a Florida kingsnake as a pet. This is Belle, short for Cabelas...

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was heading out of the parking lot when I seen this guy trucking a long the curb. I immediately recognized it as a copperhead so just picking it up as out of the question. I looked through my car trying to find a stick, rod or anything to help 'pin' it so I can grab it. The only thing I found was an old shirt. So I threw it on the snake, and gave it a second or two to "cool off". I then placed a foot on top of the snake to slow down it's movement and waited for a head to appear from under the shirt. Once the head appeared, I grabbed it behind the head. I didn't have anything to put it in, so I tied it up in a trash bag and make a break for wal-mart where I bought a pillowcase for it for the rest of the way home.

I don't plan on killing this snake. I am looking for a home for it. I have contacted a local venomous snake breeder and making arrangements for him to sex it and take it off my hands.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts