Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

picked her up tonite, 45long colt 7.5 had a trigger job to smooth it up , hammers been jeweled, shoots like a dream to me, 255gr on top of 5.0 gr of trail boss powder , whatcha think? i know pics suck , i guess its like i posted in the other thread if it comes to buyin a gun or other things i need gun wins everytime, guess i should buy a camera ,[:I]

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase! I'm no whiz with the digital camera myself but I think those turned out pretty good. When it comes to new things or guns, it seems the guns win out with me too, moreso lately. Hard to go out and not swing by the gunshop -- and then when you're there, find a new toy to buy. :)

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Good gun. I have a 5 1/2 inch .45 Colt/ACP convertable, and it is a great gun. I am sure yours will be just as much fun.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i was lookin for the convertible model also, but this came avalible for 350 from a guy local, ill find a 45acp model , with the 45 acp how is the accurracy with the acp? you notice anything?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Pics may not be the very best but they're good enough to show us you got a nice Blackhawk and in my favorite caliber too.:)
Baker

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you know aint it funny how much differet it is shooting a blackhawk in 45lc compared to any other caliber? to me it just feels right, 357 crack to much, 38's not enough? 44 and 41 to much boom and cost, i guess maybe its just me ? but a nice colt load just feels good goin off , they ding the steel plates justttttttt right hahahaha:D

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
Nice blackhawk - now get out and shoot it and post a range report. (That's an order!):D

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
That'l work!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well took it out to the range tonite, shoots great, ran 100 rounds of lead reloads , nice and smooth shoots right where i point it hahah i like it:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yepper i really enjoy shooting this baby , i may have to get a progessive press to keep up with it, hahahha got a fella in the local newspaper sellin one for 350.00 but with a 4 5/8 barrel 45longcolt aaarrgggggg the ol bank account wont like this if i buy it, guess ill be eatin cheap for a couple weeks, hahahaha[B)] but , you have to strike when shes hot?[^]:D

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Nice gun in the best of calibers. Very nice, thanks for sharing.
Shaner, call the guy and offer 300 cash - DON'T LET IT GET AWAY!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts