Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My range trip today was a-ok. Found the right 22 magnum that my 9 inch Single-Six likes. The Hornady 30 gr. V-Max.
Hornady got really good groups and out performed the Speer Gold-Dot 40 gr. I tried last week.

Both targets at 25 feet with 6 rounds each.
1st 2 pics are the Hornady from today and the last 2 pics are the Speer from last week.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Looks like that ammo and that gun you can really reach out and touch something.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,666 Posts
Push the targets on out. 25 feet is not where you need to practice with a hunting revolver. Get good tight groups at 25 yards and then see what you can do at 50. The revolver is very capable of great accuracy. The fun is practicing to take advantage of it. Enjoy shooting your gun while you get ready for predator hunting.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Push the targets on out. 25 feet is not where you need to practice with a hunting revolver. Get good tight groups at 25 yards and then see what you can do at 50. The revolver is very capable of great accuracy. The fun is practicing to take advantage of it. Enjoy shooting your gun while you get ready for predator hunting.
Your so right. Now that I figured out what it likes I’ll start sending the target out to 60 feet which is the furthest I can go here at my indoor range. I’ve got better targets where I hunt, 50 to 300 yards. I’m gonna start spending more time out there now that hunting season is getting closer.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ngashooter, you ain’t kidding. We are reaching close to a 100 degrees these days and are expected to make it next week. Man, I am so ready for some cooler weather.

Best wishes and good luck with your hunting season.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Quackaholic. But that’s from resting my elbows on the table and getting a steady shot off at 25 feet. Just trying to figure out what it likes. Now here’s 6 shots from yesterday at 60 feet away. Big difference. And yes I’m pretty sure all six shots hit the target. Just can’t find the 6th hole. Its possible that it went through one of the other holes. ???

Attachments

·
One Star
9,631 Posts
Congrats on the range report,sweet revolver.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts