Ruger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are on this forum you like firearms, I sure do. But I'm on a journey of practicality and some fun too.

I have more than four guns but I'm concentrating on just these four.

Security 9, Security 9C, PC Carbine and a 10/22

I conceal carry usually my 9C and sometimes when I think I want more ammo I'll carry the Security 9. The first one of the four was the 9C and I learned that it was really easy to carry and I shot it as well as any Pistol. So with the same trigger etc... I got the Security 9. I shot it better and it isn't hard to carry. Then comes the PC Carbine- takes the same mags and I can stock the heck out of 9mm and reload lots of 9mm. So three great guns that I can use the same ammo and the same magazines. I practice with these three and get very good at them. So practical and all three complement each other so well. Reviews say the Security 9 is a great gun for the money.... I think its great for any money.

The 10/22? Well why not? So fun to shoot, and cheap to shoot too!

So my ammo stock, my magazine stock, my range time all go to these four guns. (at least for now! haha)

Anybody else crazy like me?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I would like to have a tool box like you filled with tools of mostly the same caliber. I've been in to this great hobby over three years and am loving it. In that time I've read many articles about pistol and rifle caliber combination. I haven't read any that were opposed ,in fact all touted the positives in case of possible ammo shortages like what we are experiencing now. If you reload all the better. My dream combo is a Ruger new model Blackhawk convertible 5.5 inch ss in 357 magnum (currently a big dream) and a Henry Big Boy in brass finish.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
With those four firearms you’re equipped for 99.9% of anything that comes your way. When something new and shiny catches your eye, remind yourself that you don’t “need” it. BTDT.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
LC9, P320C, SP101/GP100 and mini14. I replaced my P89DC with the P320 because I need a red dot and weapon mounted light in my dotage (old age, bad eyes).

·
Registered
646 Posts
I like your set up. All great platforms in the same caliber. Good job! I have done something similar, but different. My main battery is around the .327 Federal Magnum. LCR, two Single Sevens and the Henry Carbine. With a 10/22 and a 12 gauge Pump Shotgun, all needs are met. Have other guns too, but these are my staples. Enjoy!

·
Registered
362 Posts
I had basically the same idea. Had no intention of getting the Security 9s or the PC Carbine. I told myself I owned enough firearms, like that ever stopped any of us. but after holding both and realizing they had the same grip texture and used the same magazines my o.c.d. kicked in and I decided to make a nifty little kit with all three...

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun

since this photo I've acquired two more compact magazines. Need to get a couple more full size mags. The optic is a gen 1 Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x. When the PCC is disassembled the scope ends right at the receiver. Perfect to stuff in a backpack or small bag along with it's little brothers.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,571 Posts
I disposed of a few of my tools and now left with mostly 9MM and two 1911 .45ACP handguns. The 45s will be gone if I could get hands on a carbine or SA EMP in 9MM.

I still have one 1911-22 for my wife to practice with,
and one long gun, AR-556, because ‘Merica 🇺🇸

·
Premium Member
15,156 Posts
No revolvers? No centerfire rifles? No shotguns? No thanks!

I may not shoot them all but I don't often go to the range without more than 4 guns.

Bruce
Used to take more guns that I could shoot in a trip to the range. Now just take a couple. Getting too old to be going up and down steps 4 times to get set up. Nice collections above!

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,436 Posts
I currently have guns in nineteen different calibers and gauges from fifteen different manufacturers. They vary from .22LR to .460 Weatherby Magnum, .50 Beowulf, and 12 gauge. Varity is the spice of life.

If I had to pick four of my currently owned guns, they would be:

FNH FNX-45 Tactical .45 ACP
Colt LE-6920 5.56X45mm
Ruger M-77 .338 Winchester Magnum
FNH SLP 12 gauge

Reactions: alayonruger

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
We are of similar mindset on both the four gun thing, except I literally own only two guns with room for two more.

Currently own: EC9s (likely to be replaced with LC380) and a 10/22 (my pride and gun joy).
May add if conditions allow: Mark IV standard and Mini 14

See this thread for a long essay on where I'm coming from ... and maybe going.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts