Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,011 Posts
I'm a firm believer that Ruger "got it right" when it comes to the P-90 recoil spring. Considering the wide range of bullet weights, it seems to work pretty good. The hard rubber washer (frame saver) prevents the slide from getting full travel. Sometimes this interferes with feeding or extraction. Basically just another way to spend money and not accomplish much.

·
Registered
163 Posts
P345 shooting rings around a P90? You didn't hear that from me!

Last year a bought new/recent manufacture P345 and P90 -- both decockers.

Out of the box, the P345 had a slight edge on the P90--for the 1st 100 rounds. Now, the P90 has a distinct edge on the P345 and the margin is getting wider with each trip to the range. If I had to part with one of the two, without hesitation I would keep the P90.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Anyone ever heard of this? My buddy told me about this and said it helped with recoil... Anyone agree/disagree?
I make buffers for my Ps out of hard urethane.....and although it is quite a hard material ....it does seem to cushion the recoil sensation a bit... eliminating the metal slide to metal frame contact....zero battering...... which suits me very well. I've never seen any other buffer type arrangements for Ps......those pistols are so bull tough and overengineered they don't really need buffers to protect the frames.

·
Registered
288 Posts
P345 shooting rings around a P90? You didn't hear that from me!

Last year a bought new/recent manufacture P345 and P90 -- both decockers.

Out of the box, the P345 had a slight edge on the P90--for the 1st 100 rounds. Now, the P90 has a distinct edge on the P345 and the margin is getting wider with each trip to the range. If I had to part with one of the two, without hesitation I would keep the P90.
KP 90 is my favorite pistol and I have owned MANY pistols.....KP 90 is TOPS in my book.

·
Registered
288 Posts
i read somewhere that the P90 doesnt have great accuracy compared to the P345 untill 3000 rounds or so. Thanks to all for the input!
I never read or heard such a claim before.....my P90s have shot more accurately, new, right out of the box than I am capable of. Around 600 rounds the triggers start to get pretty good....at that round count, in my experience, the sear/hammer notch interface smooths out and creep diminishes.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Two P345's and one P90 here. My P90 shoots one hole bullseye groups about the size of a half dollar at 15 yds with my pet reload. Doesn't do much worse than that with Blazer Brass. The 345's are a little worse than that. A little :D.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Two P345's and one P90 here. My P90 shoots one hole bullseye groups about the size of a half dollar at 15 yds with my pet reload. Doesn't do much worse than that with Blazer Brass. The 345's are a little worse than that. A little :D.
Gotta love the great, the tried and true, P90. I handled some P345s and the INSTANT I grasped them I was reminded of how the S&W Sigma felt. There is something about both of those guns which just gives my pinkie, as part of my whole grip, the wrong feel.......which just isn't right for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts