Ruger Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cool concept. I think my build will likely not steer me this way but this could be fall-back if I end up with $400 in tax stamps just to get it started.

Looks good man.

·
Registered
2 Posts
10/22 Takedown aftermarket stock

I too wanted to change from the factory stock on my 10/22 TD as I can't stand the factory stock. After a great deal of homework trying to see what kind I could mod and still keep the fore stock I chose the ATI folder due to the way the fore was skeletonized and had the top cover as well as all the rail accessories. Here's what I ended up with....

Edit: I can't seem to find a way to add pics to here. If someone could please tell me how I'll gladly share what I came up with.

·
Registered
724 Posts
LV2XLR8

Go to Photobucket .com and down load your photos to the site in your account (create one if you need to).

Mouse over the photo and click in the img link on the bottom of the list that appears. This copies the link to your notebook.

Go to the Rugerforum post where you want to post the photo and right click at that location in the post and click on paste. That will insert the photo in the post.

I'm looking forward to seeing your modification.

Mark

·
Registered
187 Posts
I definitely like your Older style Tapco stock better than the newer much Crappier one like i have, Tapco made the newer style too light duty with much less material and Much more flexible.

Mine is a Hot Steaming pile-o-Bull stein.

I have a Tapco Gen.I stock, It is a great Stock.

I also have the Tapco Gen.II stock, I HATE The Tapco Gen.II Stock, Your TD using the tapco stock Gen.I stock is much better, and probably get rid of the parts i despise about the tapco stock

But the reasons I hate the CrapCo Gen.II stock sooo much is, it is tooo Flexible in the receiver area. That and the stupid front 6ea screws on fore end top

I think I will use the BlackHawk Knoxx Axiom stock, I thought about the ATI stock but a Side folder is useless to me, and the ATI stock is heavier than i want

Weight is my #1 Priority.

I want 3-Lb category, but realistically it will be low 4-Lbs category with the take down model.

Now with my Carbine add the BH Knoxx Axiom stock w/ Tacsol or whistling pig 16.5" barrel, I can get to the low 3Lb. category. This would make my carbine a very nice Light shooter it already has all Kidd components.

Using Williams Ace in the Hole Peep sight & front Firesight, on my take down, will make much more accurate than stock while keeping it Nice & light.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts