Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Hirschjäger
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received their email ad and see that they're running a sale on their new plated 9x19mm ammo.

Should this be considered to be pretty much the same as FMJ?

I know the processes are different, but I'm not sure if the plating should be considered the same as a jacket.

Anyone have experience with this ammo? It seems to get good reviews, but figured I'd ask here, too.

Thanks.

Aqualung

·
Registered
621 Posts
I have ran many of their loads. They seem to use low side standard data loads. I have had no issues. I have not tried the recent sale stuff in particular. Their 124 gr p+ is NOT p+. But other than that like I said no issue. I like the unusual 135 grain 9x19. It is very consistant. But my main 9x19 squeeeze is win pdx 124 p+ so I am spoilt

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I've shot plated, FMC and FMJ in several different guns, and they all behave the same in the barrel. The plating will still keep your barrel from leading up, just like the other two forms of coating/jacketing do.

·
Corps Commander NGV
7,674 Posts
The plating is thinner and softer than traditional bullet jackets. It protects your barrel from leading as well as reducing airborne lead, but it will not penetrate hard objects as well as true FMJ. One of my 9mm pistols is less accurate with plated, but the other doesn't care. More and more plated bullets are being used in commercial loads. Blazer Brass uses plated projectiles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts