Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night was the opening of football season for my county here in Texas. All three towns had a home game and from what i heard all the stadiums were packed which is a big deal around here as we are talking small town USA. Of course I was there cheering for the home team and watching the daughters in the mighty Blizzard Marching Band--the pride of West Texas!. Needless to say football season will keep the entire county busy for awhile.

Today is also Dove Fest. The one and only gunshow to be held in my county will be today and set up in an old furniture store. Businesses will be busy downtown as there will be all kinds of sidewalk sales, specials, etc. There will be plenty to keep the wife busy also as there is one of them arts and crafts shows and some quilting classes, red hatters meetings and so forth. Got to do some walking as everything is downtown or in the city park as there are no shopping malls.

The park will be the last stop today as there will be a big bar-b-q plate dinner, some folk singing, and raffle tickets on about 8 different guns. Yep, i bought a few---just maybe........

Later there will be a charity bird hunt and trap shoot with all proceeds going to the crippled children's fund.

Only a Saturday shindig deal around here as Sunday is always respected. All in all, it should be a good day!

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Sounds like a good time. And a place to have the next Ruger Forum meet and greet. We can all meet at the trap shoot and have our own picnic table over under that old oak tree in the corner.Eat a few ribs for me and save the bones for the sheepdog.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, no luck at the gun drawing for me but my wife's uncle did win a 12ga browning auto.
Other guns at the drawing were a
browning o/u 20 ga
marlin ss 45-70
ruger bolt in 204 ruger
remington 700 in 270
tika 25-06
remington 870 12ga express
And 1 more i just can't remember

Still a very good time. Did win a picture frame as a door prize made out of deer antlers/wood that is nice.

Gunshow was very small as far as tables but was crowded. Entry fee was only $3.00. Mostly used guns and I found a good table of some old muzzleloaders. About fell in love with an old underhammer 36 cal. The dealers seemed to like it as less competition and they were making sales. Folks did a lot of visiting and it was a good time . Probably the small size of everything contributed to the good time. You know how it is when you run into folks you know and start talking guns! Next year i'll take my camera and throw up a few pics.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Texas is sounding better n better all the time, a lot of folks from my congregation have already moved there. What the heaven is keeping me here.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Coach, put Boobee in, if you want to win, let Boobee spin.
From Friday Night Lights, the movie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts