Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick, 1-box of 50 range trip at lunch today. All targets at 7 yards. Standing.

If you read my earlier post, 'aim small, miss medium,' you'll see my groups within the 3" target, but with some stragglers outside. I'm happy to report that today, I got those stragglers reined in!!

This is 12 shots, 7 yards, single action:

This is 12 shots, 7 yards, double action:

I had 6 rounds leftover at the end so I stuck this smaller dot on a sheet. 7 yards, double action, and there is DEFINITELY something to that aim small/miss small thing. The two shots on the left side of the dot were my first two! I should have quit after those!

A golf pro once told me, it's not about making your GOOD shots better. It's about making your BAD shots better. I think I made some progress along those lines today.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Boy, you get any better you're gonna have to buy a new hat!!!Proud of you...keep up the good work....

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
EddieF
Look at it this way , if those targets were "PERPS", they would all be dead. Good shootin.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
:)
good goin'
keep her up and back her up to 10 yds.

Fun ain't it!:D

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'll see if I can get them all in the 3" circle without touching the edge of the circle first, then back up to 10 yards. This was only the first time I've been able to get twelve in the circle.

·
Registered
693 Posts
EddieF, it's very impressive accuracy! Have you tried to achieve similar results shooting auto?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quote:Originally posted by blade

EddieF, it's very impressive accuracy! Have you tried to achieve similar results shooting auto?
You mean shooting from the car? No, I haven't tried that. :D

Seriously, I don't own a semi-auto. Just the GP and I might add an SP soon.

·
Registered
693 Posts
You got it! :)

Firing intensively P95, I can make a huge hole in a bull's place, but definitely can't get such precise grouping. I feel lucky to put five within 3" spot on target.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
....that's all it takes....just choose the spot carefully....that's good shootin' anywhere in real life....

·
Registered
576 Posts
Great shooting, EddieF. You've come a long way since your first targets. As sheepdog says, practice, practice, practice. You have practiced and it shows! Congrats!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Ron! When I read your reply above I went back and looked at my earlier targets, even from just a month ago. And these are much, much tighter. A lot of it may have to do with practice, but there is still the very real issue of doing better while aiming at a smaller target. I need to find a way to mentally focus at a smaller center of a larger target. That's a challenge.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts