Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been here for a few years after moving from NW AZ. Although I've used my hubby's login on other shooting forums, It's time to get my own!

Used to shoot silhouette and some slow-fire pistol in Arizona, but haven't found any leagues in MI, and very few single-shot shooters, even fewer women in the sport! Why is that?

Found the ONLY man for me in a library. We've been married 20 years now and currently have five beautiful cats, two setters and one big black house hound, two kids, and we love 'em in that order!

As for me, well, I put cartridges in the same category as men - some are built for speed, some for power, and others are just "taking up space". Guess which I prefer?

(Count me as lucky since the man in my dreams is still the one I wake up to!) [:X][:X][:X]

·
Registered
589 Posts
Welcome from Alabama. It's good to see a Woman on the site, just goes to show shooting is not a man only sport.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Welcome aboard. Glad you're here. Good to see another Woman on the Board. We have a couple but they aren't active. Maybe if we get some active ones they can get the others posting. One of the women here is my wife (gun-toten-granny). Just jump right in and make yourself at home. :D

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hello from W. WA

·
Registered
758 Posts
Welcome. I'm down by Jackson, here.

The only explanation I can offer about the lack of shooting sports is that there are millions of hunters in Michigan, so rifles and shotguns have always been everyone's main firearm. Also, until shall issue was passed a few years ago, it was a real pain to transport a handgun in Michigan. It still is a bit of a pain if you don't have a CCW.

On top of that, we still have the antiquated purchase permit green card system followed by the "inspection" which is really a thinly disguised registration.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.