Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an sp101 in 9mm. Hard for my old eyes to see sights. I like the xssight front sight, but do not think that xssight tritium works in sp101 chambered in 9mm. Website not clear.

So interested in suggestions for high visibility front sight for sp101 in 9mm and especially interested in any experience you have had with this model using xssight. Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I decided to paint the front sight ... it works very well and helps for my aging eyes. Flat white paint followed by fluorescent yellow (testers), followed by clear nail polish. I know I didn’t answer your question but free options are good sometimes.

TJ

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
I just purchased an sp101 in 9mm. Hard for my old eyes to see sights. I like the xssight front sight, but do not think that xssight tritium works in sp101 chambered in 9mm. Website not clear.

So interested in suggestions for high visibility front sight for sp101 in 9mm and especially interested in any experience you have had with this model using xssight. Thanks.
I tend to use the Meprolight Tritium front sight in my Ruger SP101's...
It can take a few minutes to install, using a 1/16" punch-pin and drill bit (drill slowly and come in from both sides to even things out) but it's not too bad.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have the XS Big Dot tritium front sight on my SP101. Works fine. You'll have to practice to adjust to the new point of impact, but it is only minimal and not enough to matter within 10 yards.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts

I have truglo on mine and the sight is real easy to see in all light levels. It is a bitch to get in correctly. I too am an old man and it works for me

·
Registered
548 Posts
I decided to paint the front sight ... it works very well and helps for my aging eyes. Flat white paint followed by fluorescent yellow (testers), followed by clear nail polish. I know I didn’t answer your question but free options are good sometimes.

TJ

I paint my sights to. Traffic cone orange (nail polish) works for me. I have it on 4 different revolvers and it works very well for me.

This is my K6S. I blacked out the rear white dots with black nail polish.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts