Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, help me out here. Took out my recently purchased P97 and ran some 230 gr ball through it. First was some old Winchester military issue ball. The primers didn't look like what all of the recent commercial primers look like. My brother-in-law was shooting and I was watching. After a couple or three shots out of a 8 round magazine, there is a hammer drop and a failure to fire. Ejected the round in the chamber and it had what appeared to be a "light strike". The primer material look like it might have been especially hard. Did a second hammer drop on the same round...it did not fire. Obviously a bad primer?

Picked the expended brass up off the ground. On some of the Winchester, the primers were not "cratered" right. Almost had a little rim around the dimple that looked like it could have been an over pressure round. In fact, all of the Winchester primers had that look.

Next, loaded some Remington, 230 gr commercial ball. All of these fired ok with the exception with one round. Slide locked upon after a few shots, and the next around was still under the magazine lips....just a failure to feed?

Now I'm not a "newbie"...been shooting 45ACP for years in a 1911. I undestand "limp wristing", etc. This didn't appear to be the case. Anybody have any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Winchester's famous for poor QC on what they sell our troops...overload or underload doesn't surprise me...slidelock question intrigues me.....you've got a fine pistol...even if you have to fix it...I had 2 and miss them...howl every night....someday.......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts