Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've put many thousands of rounds through my SR9c. It has been my carry pistol for years.

My last trip to the range with it was exciting to say the least. The pistol went into full-auto mode momentarily, firing 2 rounds in rapid succession with a single trigger pull, after which the trigger failed to reset.

I noticed that one of the pins that holds the trigger group in place had worked its way out. I thought that might have caused the problem. Pushed the pin back into place and tried again with only 2 rounds in the mag. Full-auto again.

I'm sending the pistol to Ruger. Hopefully I'll get an answer as to what caused this to happen.

I've read several posts about this happening to others. Just wanted to post my experience so that others know that this is a real phenomenon and not due to user error or bad technique.

Still love the pistol. I'm confident Ruger will find and correct the malfunction.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've put many thousands of rounds through my SR9c. It has been my carry pistol for years.

My last trip to the range with it was exciting to say the least. The pistol went into full-auto mode momentarily, firing 2 rounds in rapid succession with a single trigger pull, after which the trigger failed to reset.

I noticed that one of the pins that holds the trigger group in place had worked its way out. I thought that might have caused the problem. Pushed the pin back into place and tried again with only 2 rounds in the mag. Full-auto again.

I'm sending the pistol to Ruger. Hopefully I'll get an answer as to what caused this to happen.

I've read several posts about this happening to others. Just wanted to post my experience so that others know that this is a real phenomenon and not due to user error or bad technique.

Still love the pistol. I'm confident Ruger will find and correct the malfunction.

Speculation: My SR9c (all SR9/40s) won't work with the Mantis Laser Academy Training Kit laser because the firing pin does not retract until the slide cycles. Could it be that the unit needs a good cleaning causing the firing pin to stay exposed thus striking the cartridge when it cycles?

·
Registered
255 Posts
It's startling when that happens huh? Back in the day I had a Colt Commander .45 I was shooting IPSC with. On my first trip to the range after having a trigger job done the Colt "chain fired". First shot ...bang ... no issue ...pulled the trigger for the second shot and it dumped the rest of the mag ... all six in about a second. I thought the gun had blown up.

It's bad enough when something like this happens but when it's a .45 on a small indoor range it's truly an experience ... one I hope never to repeat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts