Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 22/45 and Single Six to the range this morning. Had a great time. Put about 200 rounds through them, at 25 yds. I swear .22s are fun. I shoot better with the six shooter.

The fun was when I returned and cleaned them. The 22/45 is not that difficult to field strip....putting it back together, CORRECTLY can be a lesson in patience......:D

·
Registered
404 Posts
The 22/45 is not that difficult to field strip....putting it back together, CORRECTLY can be a lesson in patience......:D
It sure can. If you miss one step in the point the gun up, down, shake it, pull the trigger, put the mag in, pull the mag out, make sure this thing is flat, that thing is dangling, say a magic incantation, and tap it into place with a hammer you're done for.

I took my MKIII apart for a good cleaning when I first got it. Now I just use the boresnake, give everything a good wipedown with CLP and a little dab of tetra grease on the bolt. I figure a takedown cleaning only needs to be done about every two thousand rounds or so.

I don't ever have more fun at the range then when I just take the .22's. It's the one caliber gun I don't think anyone can ever have enough of.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My only problem in reassembly was getting the bolt to go back in. Got it back in and pulled it out 3 times, before I decided it was in right. That should have been the easy part.....:confused:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I love shooting .22's, but have always hated cleaning them. They seem so much harder than the bigger cals.

Glad you're enjoying your guns Wizard. I wish I could get out more. :D

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
if you get a hoppies snake they are easy to clean.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I love the little .22s also. For a little over $10 you can get a 550 round bulk pack at Walmart and spend the day shooting. A lot of bang for your buck, so to speak. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts