Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the 357 Bisley Acusport out today for some long range fun.

I started out with some mild load 357's at around 50 yards and an 8" stump. That was almost too easy. I used up all the mild loads and went to the hotter 158 jhp's.
I put a few in the stump then aimed out to 80 + yards and a small rock. I was able to bounce it a few times and then for fun I even shot a pine cone.

:D

I need to start loading for the 41 mag and do the same practice! :D

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yes, you do need to get your .41 loads together. .357 just isn't enough gun to humanely take a pine cone at 80 yards. I think the other members will agree with me.

;-)

My range time w/ 16gr Lil'Gun .357 loads was rained out today.
Happy Shooting!

-Daizee

·
Registered
508 Posts
Bah - I get envious reading everyone having fun shooting intersting things. Here in Jersey they call the SWAT if they see you walking with a dismantled muzzleloader (it really happened over here, a .50 barrel in a backpack of a university student. Tackled by a student, after he called the SWAT. politicians orating about supremely powerful bullets that would tear through police vests, etc. As if a CVA .50 is the same as a .50 BMG).

Oh well, I'm off to the range tomorrow to shoot at some paper targets.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Razadp if you think you have it bad last year here in saskatchewan swat was called in to the u of s over a guy with a bike seat

·
Registered
377 Posts
The poor, poor pine cone. I always use at least a .44 on 'em.

Ed

·
Registered
405 Posts
You certainly don't want to have to track the sap trail of a wounded pine cone. Worse yet, you don't want to be attacked by a wounded one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It gets really bad when a whole herd of them pine cones get together and go after ya! It takes a brace of six guns to fend 'em off then!

;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts