Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Wouldn't get too excited. The post in your link was dated March, 4-1/2 years ago.
The gun was sent back to Ruger and repaired a month later w/o charge or explanation.
Are you aware of others?
I'd like to know, is if that thru hole made it act like a rooster tail from a jet ski.
Blowing out flames.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Wouldn't get too excited. The post in your link was dated March, 4-1/2 years ago.
The gun was sent back to Ruger and repaired a month later w/o charge or explanation.
Are you aware of others?
I'd like to know, is if that thru hole made it act like a rooster tail from a jet ski.
Blowing out flames.
There are recent entries (last 2 days) on page 2.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
There are recent entries (last 2 days) on page 2.
But both firearms were made several years ago, the lasted posting indicates that the gun was made in 2013.

Ruger has produced well over a million LCPs based on their reports to the BATF. These two posts are the only similar reports of this issue I've ever heard.

This is not a common defect.

·
Registered
703 Posts
But both firearms were made several years ago, the lasted posting indicates that the gun was made in 2013.

Ruger has produced well over a million LCPs based on their reports to the BATF. These two posts are the only similar reports of this issue I've ever heard.

This is not a common defect.
According to the post, it was purchased as a 2013 Christmas gift but not fired until a week or so ago. So probably in the order of 2 yrs old.

But, as you indicate, this is not a common problem ( I hope!). I think the attitude of Ruger CS was what irritated the original poster to the point of reviving the linked thread. As you imply, Googling only seemed to turn up these two cases - so hopefully just a fluke.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please forgive me for sharing a thread that started over 4 years ago. The original post showed pics of the bottom side of an LCP barrel, and the opposite top side of the lug which showed what looked to be "pin size" in comparison to the post 10 gauge just revived yesterday. Yes, he purchased his LCP for his wife almost 2 years ago, it sat new, unfired in the safe until this past weekend, when he took it shooting. I think he did a good job describing what happened to spent casings, pics he has shared. I thought it was news worthy enough to share as a "heads up" for another forum. I guess I bored some of you, but my intent was to keep anyone from getting hurt!

It certainly got my attention in that I purchased last December a LNIB, never fired LCP, with a mfg test fire of 10/01/12. I for one, will be checking mine! I have fired mine, and have not seen anything unusual when cleaning! I agree, most of this thread was old news, but how many of these incidents happen that we never hear of?

Again, my apologies! - Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts