Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's a gun magazine that makes money by advertisements from firearm/ammo companies, take it with a gain of salt.
It does sound impressive doesn't it.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
The sr9 is a step in the right direction as it seems plastic construction and striker fired seems to be the direction the market is going. Currently though, i am still susipicous of Ruger's quality control of this new pistol and design.
Perhaps after a 100,000 or so roll off the lines and i read more of this weapon, i may get interested. However, for now, i'll wait and play the wait and see game to see if quality control tightens and also let holster makers catch up.

Seems that most new designs go through a teething period of minor adjustments and small design changes and i'm too old to put up with teething problems.

As for right now, the largest market for a full size weapon is the leo. Right idea ruger but the wrong caliber. I'm not educated in the business world but as an armchair back seat driver type on this subject, ruger needs to produce a 40 and 45 in the sr series if they want leo contracts, and they need to produce compact and sub-compact models as well if they want to catch the ccw market.

If they don't get their q/c under control, and don't agressively promote the product---it won't matter.

For now i'll stay with the "p" series, but eventually i'll have a sr____----in a year or two possibly as things progress.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Too bad the folks who bought the first SR9's are stuck with crap, huh? Special tool to load mags .... scarce supply of first issued mags .... Ruger should recall everything prior to 12/19 and make folks happy. All the Mickey Mouse resolutions seem to be to save them money - screw the consumer.

Strange that 'Gums & Ammo' went 12,000 rounds with only one 'oops'. I wonder if they were given one of the fancy 'mag loaders'? However, Donald Warren may have nailed it in his post above; "It's a gun magazine that makes money by advertisements from firearm/ammo companies, take it with a gain of salt."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts