Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read on a number of posts that the Galloway trigger kit, as well as some other of their accessories, make the LC9 a completely different gun. Unfortunately, not many posts say why or how. Can somebody tell me some of the improvements they make?

·
Registered
31 Posts
It just reduces the trigger pull, so if you fire a lot of striker-fired guns you might like the galloway kit better.

However, if you have to ask, it probably won't matter to you. I'm relatively new to shooting and have no preference over striker-fired gun triggers and hammer-fired. I've shot the M&P Shield (striker-fired), SR9c (striker), as well as the LC9 (hammer), and all were superb guns. The firing mechanism and trigger action did not become determiners for what gun I chose.

edit: As for galloway's other parts, I'm not sure. I've heard both good and bad things about the recoil springs (better recoil, but higher malfunctions is what I've read across the 'net), and the steel guiderod is really inconsequential to how the gun functions

·
Registered
114 Posts
The trigger kit fixes the mile long trigger pull on the LC9. Reduces the length of the pull by about 1/2. That along with the firing pin blocker springs, the trigger becomes buttery smooth also while not reducing the pull weight by much leaving it still a safe to use weapon.

The recoil springs are a little heavier reducing the felt recoil or taming the muzzle flip. The Guide rod is to replace the plastic guide rod which has already been known to break, especially when using higher powered defense rounds. Also adds a slight bit of weight to the barrel end of the weapon which also helps in taming muzzle flip.

The RTK trigger is an adjustable trigger that lets you fine tune the trigger over travel etc but can only be used with the modified Trigger bar and Hammer from Galloway.

He also has the newer firing pin spring on hand that helps with the light strike issue that the LC9s have been known for using certain types of ammo. Light strike is when the firing pin does not hit the primer hard enough to discharge the round. I have this particular issue mostly using the cheaper Winchester White box ammo. I get about 1 in 15-25 rounds that won't fire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts