Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have the Galloway Precision striker spring on your SR9c, did the trigger pull increase much? Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the whole Galloway shebang on my sr40 along with the 3.5 reset bar. with the heavy spring mine pulls around 4 to 4 1/2 pounds using a lyman gauge. I did the lionheart trigger, 3.5 drop in reset bar, smooth it kit, ss guide rod with #20 spring and heavy striker spring. if you use the 3.5 reset bar along with the spring it is supposed to make up for the heavy spring. I like the trigger on mine now, it shoots better than stock. the sr40 supposedly uses the same mechanism as the sr9c.

·
Registered
109 Posts
A little bump. Dewey, how is the Lionheart holding up? I just purchased one for my 9E and hope to install it this weekend. It looks 3D printed and feels quite light and flexible, so I'm just wondering if yours has proven durable.

·
Registered
151 Posts
For those who have the Galloway Precision striker spring on your SR9c, did the trigger pull increase much? Thanks.
About one pound for my 9E.

Before: 5 pounds 3 ounces

After: 6 pounds 2 ounces

For me, the reset on the SR series is vague. I would like to see the trigger bar lift spring have a bit more ummph. YMMV

·
Registered
20 Posts
A little bump. Dewey, how is the Lionheart holding up? I just purchased one for my 9E and hope to install it this weekend. It looks 3D printed and feels quite light and flexible, so I'm just wondering if yours has proven durable.
yes sir , it has I love the lionheart. I didn't try it before the reset bar though. I love all the Galloway products. I did a Taurus g2 for my daughter and used the galloway trigger and ss guide rod on it, its a totally different pistol now. she went from 2 inch groups to 1 to 1 1/4 groups at30 feet. amazing for her because she does not like to shoot, just if she had to
as I understand eric the trigger is printed from carbon fiber there is no wear on it so it should last forever or at least outlast me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts