Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went into my 1st Gander mountain store today. A bit disappointed in the handgun selection but they were heavy into shotguns and rifles. Got to fondle a few that i've never seen before.

Rugers seemed to be fairly well represented.

New and used guns there. Played with a browning bps pump riot gun that i never knew they made. Also got to handle a Stoeger stagecoach 20 ga that started the foot a tappin.

Biggest disappointment was the prices for sure. Dang they seemed to be awful high on most guns. Also checked out the ammo section and pleasently suprised at all the various extensive choices in rimfire ammo----which was a good thing as centerfire rifle ammo was i thought too high compared to wallmart or academy. Same goes for reload components.

Fishing section was good though.
Glad i got it out of my system wondering what they were like.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Yep they are high but ya can find most anything there that ya can't find any place else. The stoeger I think you will do well in which ever gauage you pick. I cut my stock down and put a lime safer padd on it, sure made the differance. I have mine set up for cowboy action shooting but sure wouldn't miss a chance to try it out on some birds or rabbits if I got the chance.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep it sure did feel good. they had stagecoaches on hand i 12,20, and 410.
Also had a 12 that looked stainless. They also had of all things a stoeger o/u shotgun i think they called it the outback that was cut short like the stagecoach---definately different to see an o/u 12 ga that short. But the sxs just seemed "right".

·
Registered
65 Posts
Have been to Gander Mtn in Greenwood, Indiana and found them to be very knowledgable and helpful. Had a pretty good selection new ,used, handguns, rifles & supplies. They did seem to be a little high on prices. I'd do business with them if they were a little closer to home.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Gander Montain has been a good back up store or me when my LGS doesn't have what I want. I have always had good luck witht the people who work there. They seem to always be very helpful and courteous.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Just got home from my local GM store.
They have Win 70 Coyote in 25wssm blue $389 Stainless barrel $449
Their powder was 20% off
Once in awhile they have a deal, if you can get past the personalities , or lack of, of most employees there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts