Ruger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just wanted to give a shout-out to forum members for the threads on correcting the distance spent cases travel once ejected and solutions on how to fix. I went through several threads researching this problem and was able to find the fix and a gunsmith with these bushing.

Just want to say, these forums and everyone's input and knowledge is fantastic! I love the exchange of information and what I learn along the way. Thanks!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Welcome. As long as the brass doesn’t eject on me I am happy, happy, happy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Again welcome from the Buckeye State from another Buckeye..Are you going to share the gunsmiths name and address in case others want the same?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is the gunsmith suggested. I spoke with Lee Hadaway over the phone. Described the problem and what I was looking for based off of what I had been reading on this forum. He recommended a particular bushing set.

It’s ordered and on its way ($45 for the set. Might be a tad pricey, but worth it, if I don’t have to hike all over gathering brass. I reload as well.) His gas port reduction bushings comes in two kits with a set of three bushings. I ordered the .040, .050 and .060 set. I plan on dropping in the .050 bushing. Apparently his other set has a .045 bushing.

I’ll be back to report.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was going to post web site. Another post error. Apparently, not enough posts to merit posting a link or images. Sooner or later I’ll get back to you on this. I’ll post on other topics to get enough posts to gain further privileges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
547 Posts
A bit late to this mid-2019 post, but $45 doesn't sound pricey, based on the other gas port reduction schemes I've seen.

Do the bushings require drilling and tapping, or are they a replacement part?
Thanx!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts