Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed how the gas prices have dropped this week? In Michigan it is down to $3.23 a gallon, that is about a 40 cent drop, could it have something to do with the election being only two weeks away?

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Has anyone noticed how the gas prices have dropped this week? In Michigan it is down to $3.23 a gallon, that is about a 40 cent drop, could it have something to do with the election being only two weeks away?
I have always believed the oil companies and the market speculators manipulate the cost of fuel, but I highly doubt any of them would want to lower the cost of gas to help Obama. I'd expect them to keep the price high to make people angry and cause them to look to Romney for relief.

Our ridiculously expensive gas in California has also dropped a few cents... from $4.65 a gallon to $4.35 in the past week. All due to a shortage caused by refinery shutdowns, middle east tensions, etc. etc.

·
Registered
947 Posts
It's started to drop here in Pennsy by about 20 cents in the last few days, My car is dead empty, so I'm waiting for it to bottom out before I fill it. I'll just use the motorcycle this week as it will stay in the 70s for the next few days.

·
Registered
162 Posts
In Southern Wisconsin, its $3.59 a gallon but we have what they call a winter blend so that said our fuel MPG's go down.

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
$3.95 for Regular at Costco this morning. This is the first sub $4 pricing I have seen since August 7th.

On the way home I noticed my corner gas station was still fleecing motorists on 101 for $4.70.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Gee ya think!

·
Banned
575 Posts
$3.95 for Regular at Costco this morning. This is the first sub $4 pricing I have seen since August 7th.

On the way home I noticed my corner gas station was still fleecing motorists on 101 for $4.70.
I paid $4.31 just South of the Golden Gate this past weekend on a road trip to CA.

Down to $3.59 here in WI.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
$3.15 in St. Louis area.
Most places are seeing a drop because suppliers switch to a winter blend around this time of year. That is info. I have read recently.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts