Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
7,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled into the local Sheetz gas station tonight and there were more than a handful of bikes there. I'm standing there pumping my gas and i thought i heard someone. So i look up over the bed of my truck and a biker just happens to turn my way and says hey man how are you. I said pretty good how are you. He says I'm fine but i couldn't help seeing the Ruger sticker on your glass, i replied top of the line and he said yes they are. Never know when you'll run into a conisuouer of fine firearms ...

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
My first bolt was a Remmy 700 back in ‘79.....I went deer hunting with my cousin back in ‘83, he had a Ruger. After that I only bought Ruger’s.....go figure

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
There are those that sorta look down on bikers and gun owners simply because they don't have good taste buds. Thumbs up for the ones who do.!!!
When I was in Texas a year or so ago we had a biker working for us. He had a nice Harley..........lots of chrome, extended fork and leather bags. I’d see him around town wearing his black chaps and vest.........proudly open carrying his Kimber 1911. That was Texas though, a totally different mindset.

·
Exchequer
4,421 Posts
I'm not trying to change the tenor of this thread or hijack it and please don't take this as such. And obviously, I am a huge Ruger fan. But ....over the years, I've always shied away from putting any kind of stickers or emblems on my vehicles. I just never wanted to invite any kind of reaction (good or bad) from strangers on the road. Never know when someone might have a negative reaction to a sticker and decide to start something or damage my vehicle because they disagree with my views.

Kind of the same reason I avoid wearing T-shirts that might be considered controversial. You just never know how people are going to react.

Years ago, a friend gave me the below T-shirt. And while I appreciate the humor of it, I simply could not work up the nerve to wear it in public.

rect-diversitybk.jpg

·
Registered
7,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not trying to change the tenor of this thread or hijack it and please don't take this as such. And obviously, I am a huge Ruger fan. But ....over the years, I've always shied away from putting any kind of stickers or emblems on my vehicles. I just never wanted to invite any kind of reaction (good or bad) from strangers on the road. Never know when someone might have a negative reaction to a sticker and decide to start something or damage my vehicle because they disagree with my views.

Kind of the same reason I avoid wearing T-shirts that might be considered controversial. You just never know how people are going to react.

Years ago, a friend gave me the below T-shirt. And while I appreciate the humor of it, I simply could not work up the nerve to wear it in public.

View attachment 143814 View attachment 143814
Send it to me, I'd wear it in public with pride ... I understand your hesitation and I can appreciate that, but I won't let anyone stop me from showing my support of something ... I mean anyone can find something (as little as it may be) to get agitated about ...

·
Exchequer
4,421 Posts
Send it to me, I'd wear it in public with pride ... I understand your hesitation and I can appreciate that, but I won't let anyone stop me from showing my support of something ... I mean anyone can find something (as little as it may be) to get agitated about ...
Ha! I'd be happy to send it to you, but it is long gone. I re-gifted it to my brother-in-law, a card-carrying liberal who thinks Obama was the second coming of Christ. Oddly, he's never worn it either. :unsure:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I guess if I were going to use window stickers, I wouldn't be able to see out of my back window. I guess I own too many different brands. ;)

·
Registered
574 Posts
I am both a biker, ( have owned 36 motorcycles of various brands since 1967) and a firearms owner/shooter. Again, many different brands. I will and do wear the t-shirts, but will not place stickers of anything on my vehicles. Often some people will see a sticker that they take issue with and your vehicle gets cut tires or keyed paint when you are not there. If they have issues with guns or bikes, take it up with me, not my vehicle.

·
Registered
7,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ha! I'd be happy to send it to you, but it is long gone. I re-gifted it to my brother-in-law, a card-carrying liberal who thinks Obama was the second coming of Christ. Oddly, he's never worn it either. :unsure:
LOL ... I would be as shocked as anything if a liberal wore that shirt ...

·
"The Real Deal"
6,513 Posts
I think that we all are not much different bikers. firearm fans, etc. We are both passionate about our hobbies, spend countless hours enjoying it, and serious amounts of money on it, just to experience it. Then their are those that look down on it, i just tell them to go pound sand. All that negativity is not good for the soul or health, and will probably cause an early demise, just saying.

Why cant we all be like oddjob on Kelly's Hero's with good vibes in the worst of situations?

·
Registered
7,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tacky ... spot on. I always considered myself a blue collar guy in a white collar career. I often never mentioned hunting or guns early on in my career so as to not make waves. Then one day something was said in a phone conversation and I said really, so do I. From that point moving forward I never hid my passions and let the chips fall where they may.

·
Grand Inquisitor
1,715 Posts
I really have met nice folk shooting and at shows. But no stickers on my vehicles, other than an oval for my favorite sporting goods store, and some speed-shop stickers on the hot rod. I am an academic, and colleagues know that I shoot and hunt. They ask me gun questions, and are surprisingly curious, not hostile about guns. I helped one with a first-time purchase.

But I am low key about firearms. I prefer to be The Gray Man. Easy way to have a vehicle broken into, if you have a sticker. They are all over my reloading bench, however.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,531 Posts
I love the Ruger emblem and those that know Sturm Ruger or know the firearm industry know what it is. Others are clueless. I love the Ruger sticker and it does start a conversation sometimes traveling with really good people. You really do meet some good men and woman when you discuss Ruger firearms! I usually have a white Ruger T-Shirt with the pocket Red emblem and sometimes someone will bring up their love for shooting and firearms.
*I did notice many Glock users are the ones that ask about the Ruger sticker. Seriously mostly Glock fans. Go figure!
*In the 80's. I did have a NRA sticker that someone attempted to scratch off my truck when I worked at the ER graveyard shift in Toledo Ohio. Security feed showed x2 people pulled up and took the time in freezing windy storm to scratch out the sticker. The Toledo Police never ID'd the man and woman but they sure were willing to take the time in a winter storm to remove it and the paint on a new vehicle.
*These days are different and the climate has changed for good or bad but I still display the red bird. I am now looking for a good Ruger single action revolver and will get another sticker for me to display soon.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,287 Posts
JMHO, if you put a Glock sticker (and I see tons of them), even libs will know what it means. Ruger’s logo and name may not have the same brand recognition other than from those who really know firearms.

Reactions: hlg and rmichael63

·
"The Real Deal"
6,513 Posts
I really have met nice folk shooting and at shows. But no stickers on my vehicles, other than an oval for my favorite sporting goods store, and some speed-shop stickers on the hot rod. I am an academic, and colleagues know that I shoot and hunt. They ask me gun questions, and are surprisingly curious, not hostile about guns. I helped one with a first-time purchase.

But I am low key about firearms. I prefer to be The Gray Man. Easy way to have a vehicle broken into, if you have a sticker. They are all over my reloading bench, however.
I agree, i do not put alot of firearm stickers on my vehicles, i do have a barrett metal one thats small on my trucks back glass, and you know you see alot of __ life stickers. I have one that says assault life with a skull and ar15 under it as well, but its pretty small too. Im not for a bunch of big gaudy stickers on my ride. but my shop tool box is a different matter, you guys have seen them.

On the back door of my house i have one that says This house protected by the good lord and a gun. If you come here to steal or do harm you may meet them both.

I also haveca small one on the garage door window that says
WARNING
Protected by Ak47. If you steal it, you will die with it.

On my hotrod i have a small sticker that says look all you want but please do not touch.

Tacky ... spot on. I always considered myself a blue collar guy in a white collar career. I often never mentioned hunting or guns early on in my career so as to not make waves. Then one day something was said in a phone conversation and I said really, so do I. From that point moving forward I never hid my passions and let the chips fall where they may.
(y)

I have always been a blue collar guy, proud of it too. I usually do not start conversations about guns unless somebody else does. I saw our now retired fire chief one day at a gunshow, from then on we always talked guns when i bumped into him on duty, until he retired.

New rookie they hired i noticed had molon labe tattooed on his forearm, so that struck up a conversation that has been on going since. My doctor is a gun guy, and dentist is a big hunter, all found out when they mentioned it. Interesting.

·
Registered
7,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JMHO, if you put a Glock sticker (and I see tons of them), even libs will know what it means. Ruger’s logo and name may not have the same brand recognition other than from those who really know firearms.
You my friend are spot on ... just like Smith & Wesson is a dead give away ...

1 - 20 of 80 Posts