Ruger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
The reason I or my son don’t have stickers on our rides is that the criminal element knows what the gun companies logos look like. They see a bunch of firearm stickers on a vehicle and follow you home and figure they can break in later and have a good haul.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm not trying to change the tenor of this thread or hijack it and please don't take this as such. And obviously, I am a huge Ruger fan. But ....over the years, I've always shied away from putting any kind of stickers or emblems on my vehicles. I just never wanted to invite any kind of reaction (good or bad) from strangers on the road. Never know when someone might have a negative reaction to a sticker and decide to start something or damage my vehicle because they disagree with my views.

Kind of the same reason I avoid wearing T-shirts that might be considered controversial. You just never know how people are going to react.

Years ago, a friend gave me the below T-shirt. And while I appreciate the humor of it, I simply could not work up the nerve to wear it in public.

View attachment 143814 View attachment 143814
I LOVE IT! Where can I get one.

I wear "controversial" T Shits all the time. (Harley's, Glock's, Ruger"s, Henry's...) I also wear a lot of American Flag and 2nd Amendment T's. I have no idea if they offend anyone, since I really don't care if they do...but I have had dozens of people comment positively on any number of them, especially my Henry T's.

One my fav's is my Black and white iPac Shirt. Is is a black T with a big white GLOCK outlined n the front of it, under the word "iPac"...obviosuly a play on the Apple iPad and logo.

Great Shirt!

·
Registered
27 Posts
JMHO, if you put a Glock sticker (and I see tons of them), even libs will know what it means. Ruger’s logo and name may not have the same brand recognition other than from those who really know firearms
To each his own. I wouldn't know a Glock sticker if I saw one. Maybe, because I grew up on Ruger and they are ingrained in my brain and my first go-to brand. If they don't have what I want I move on. As @Michael63 mentions the sticker is subtle & I think it would only draw attention from aficionados.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My first bolt was a Remmy 700 back in ‘79.....I went deer hunting with my cousin back in ‘83, he had a Ruger. After that I only bought Ruger’s.....go figure
I bought my first gun in 1979. I was 16 and saved up for just over a year and a half. My Pop took me over to the local Oshman's and I bought a Ruger M77 in .270 cal. As a 120 pound 16 year old, back then it felt like it kicked like a mule. These days, I'm a bit heavier but I still have her, now with new optics. I have her dialed in at 1 inch over at 100 yards.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My old Road King didn't have the security system on it. When I parked it, I simply left an empty holster laying on the seat!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm not trying to change the tenor of this thread or hijack it and please don't take this as such. And obviously, I am a huge Ruger fan. But ....over the years, I've always shied away from putting any kind of stickers or emblems on my vehicles. I just never wanted to invite any kind of reaction (good or bad) from strangers on the road. Never know when someone might have a negative reaction to a sticker and decide to start something or damage my vehicle because they disagree with my views.

Kind of the same reason I avoid wearing T-shirts that might be considered controversial. You just never know how people are going to react.

Years ago, a friend gave me the below T-shirt. And while I appreciate the humor of it, I simply could not work up the nerve to wear it in public.

I feel that way also. Most Ruger stickers just have an R instead of the word. T-shirts I wear what I want regardless. I have thought about getting a Ruger bumper sticker.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too do not put stickers on my truck for all the reasons mentioned before but also because they wold not stick to all the dirt. T shirts I will wear though. I just think its sad that today in America you have to be afraid to express your beliefs for fear of retaliation, like its the Soviet Union or North Korea. It seems to me that displaying simbols that show support for views and values shared by members of this forum are more likely to trigger a negative response than displaying simbols that are contrary to our ideals. Tollerance is not one of THEIR values.

·
Registered
282 Posts
As much as I would like to - I don't put firearms company stickers or NRA stickers on my truck. Just asking for it to be broken into.

Reactions: brnwlms

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think that we all are not much different bikers. firearm fans, etc. We are both passionate about our hobbies, spend countless hours enjoying it, and serious amounts of money on it, just to experience it. Then their are those that look down on it, i just tell them to go pound sand. All that negativity is not good for the soul or health, and will probably cause an early demise, just saying.

Why cant we all be like oddjob on Kelly's Hero's with good vibes in the worst of situations?

There is a huge difference between "Bikers" and people that ride Bikes (and those that have a HD sticker). For one, a real biker would never have a HD sticker on their truck. They would be ID'ing their pickup vehicle to the rivals.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,513 Posts
There is a huge difference between "Bikers" and people that ride Bikes (and those that have a HD sticker). For one, a real biker would never have a HD sticker on their truck. They would be ID'ing their pickup vehicle to the rivals.
Hey i didn't say 1%er's thats an entirely different set of circumstances.

·
Registered
249 Posts
No stickers on my vehicles for the same reasons many have stated. It just screams "I may have a gun in here" to many people.

On my bike, I have metal panniers (boxes) on the back to carry stuff. When the lids are open you will see all my gun stickers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, gun related stickers will sometime cause you some grief. The only sticker I have is for the United States Marine Corps and it also draws a fair share of outright animosity from liberals. Nuff said.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Yamaha V Star 1300... Ride to Sturgis last year.. And back 😁
View attachment 143946
Is the V-Star a 1300 now? I had a 2001 1100 I bought new that I used for work and had it dresser style too. I had a Softtail Classic before that and there was no comparison, the VStar was so much better. After I quit that job I decided to make it more custom. The HD was doing their anniversary bikes in the black over silver so I used that but separated them by small flames, and the black had ghosted in checkered flags that was only visible when the light hit just right. Geez I loved that bike, best one I ever had, and I had 36 bikes before I quit (including HD's). I spent a lot of time making that way too, but it was worth it! It was so smooth and fast. Here's a pic;

·
Registered
26 Posts

Wear it to the range, where it will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,530 Posts
OffDWall, that ride is "off the wall" beautiful and the lines are perfect!
Have a great day!
Rick

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Titan
26 Posts
When my son got old enough to hunt I bought a Remington in 243. It was stainless with a B&C stock, super heavy and not so accurate. I sold it and bought a Ruger American in 243. I realized quickly that no matter the ammo or bullet weight I shot out of it, it was way more accurate than the 700. I always had trouble with my 700 in 30-06 being able to group out past 250 yards. I even put a Magpul stock on it which made it so much heavier. I decided to buy a Ruger American in '06, wow it is a shooter. I can hit steel plates out at 500 yards no matter what bullet weights I load for it and with glass weighs only 6.7 pounds. Now most of my safe is filled with firearms branded with the red hawk...

·
Registered
42 Posts

Amen, I personally want to be the grey man, the one nobody remembers seeing. Yes I will talk to someone, even start a conversation but my tees are plain colors, I have no stickers on the vehicle. Being grey allows me to slip in and out of trouble easier.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts