Ruger Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
I live in southern New Jersey,about 20 miles to a bridge to Philadelphia. I can not put a political, NRA or a 2nd amendment sticker on my car for fear of at least being keyed at worst being trashed. The only sticker my wife thinks we should put on car is "Who is John Galt ?" or " Rearden Metals ". If someone recognizes Reardon Metals that would be impressive.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Somehow I always end up with lots of gun/NRA stickers; more than I'll ever use....so I 'spread the love' and put them on Prius's, Subarus and about every car with a Obama sticker on it in town. I go home feeling very confident that those folks now have a much better tolerance for the rest of us. : )

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I live in southern New Jersey,about 20 miles to a bridge to Philadelphia. I can not put a political, NRA or a 2nd amendment sticker on my car for fear of at least being keyed at worst being trashed. The only sticker my wife thinks we should put on car is "Who is John Galt ?" or " Rearden Metals ". If someone recognizes Reardon Metals that would be impressive.
Bonus points for those references. Anyone who gets it isn’t who you need to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
There are those that sorta look down on bikers and gun owners simply because they don't have good taste buds. Thumbs up for the ones who do.!!!
I, currently, drive an 18-wheeler and we have a guy in the shop who looks 'rugged' with his longer hair and some tat's...but he's a dad gum whiz as a machinist...and he drives a beautiful lime-green Camaro and has a nice Harley...most people wouldn't approach him to speak with him, based on his appearance, but I've found him to be very knowledgeable and speaks very eloquently and pronounced! There's another guy in the shop, whom I've known for a few years, who's a great gun-guy to speak with!

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
JMHO, if you put a Glock sticker (and I see tons of them), even libs will know what it means. Ruger’s logo and name may not have the same brand recognition other than from those who really know firearms.
Truth to that...sticking the Ruger Logo on the back of a truck does not carry the same 'markings' as would a Glock or S&W sticker...and people recognize the Beretta and Sig Sauer tags more too! Note: I do not have any firearms stickers on any of my vehicles as I don't want to deal with a needless 'tagging' if someone out there disagrees with my choices! I also don't want to even advertise that I have one, be it on my person or in my vehicle!

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
OffDWall that is one fine looking ride. Kind of makes me yearn for my Triumph Bonneville that I rode oh so many years ago.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Is the V-Star a 1300 now? I had a 2001 1100 I bought new that I used for work and had it dresser style too. I had a Softtail Classic before that and there was no comparison, the VStar was so much better. After I quit that job I decided to make it more custom. The HD was doing their anniversary bikes in the black over silver so I used that but separated them by small flames, and the black had ghosted in checkered flags that was only visible when the light hit just right. Geez I loved that bike, best one I ever had, and I had 36 bikes before I quit (including HD's). I spent a lot of time making that way too, but it was worth it! It was so smooth and fast. Here's a pic;

View attachment 143952
beautiful ride sir. The V star 1300 discontinued in 2017, guess the sport tourers took over. I gotta have a cruiser for my short legs to touch ground

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
I really miss rear window gun racks. You just don’t see them anymore. Only $15 at Amazon to buy. Of coutse most rear windows are too dark tint ro be able to see the gun’s any longer.

·
Super Moderator
16,203 Posts
I often wear a logo hat from my local range and it has been the starter of many conversations (mostly positive, but some negative), as well as given me the opportunity to "educate" on numerous occasions ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
My signs too remind me of who and what I have become. My wife ignores some of my signs but we have become much closer after loosing our son in 2015 at 22yrs of age. The "Memorial Holiday" has taken on a much deeper frame of mind for us and we are moving on but not forgetting what we had and who we are!
Your family has my deepest sympathy. We lost my 18yr old grandson in a handgun accident a year ago. My pain was terrible but nothing compared to my daughter's. It has made me concentrate a lot more on spending time with family.

I really miss rear window gun racks.
This was my first thought at the mention of a sticker identifying a gun owner. I remember as a kid and even a young man most trucks had rear window gun racks with a great percentage sporting rifles or shotguns. Air conditioning was an option and fleet trucks came with 3 on the tree and no options which is what most people owned where I came from. So the only time the windows got rolled up was in warm weather, when it rained or the dust got to heavy from the car in front of you. This included parked in town or at home with the firearm in the truck. I remember many times running out to roll up the windows or draping a towel on the seat because I didn't.
Times and attitudes have changed so I totally understand the sentiment of not having stickers.
But I've never been a sticker person anyway. I feel like you need to give me more than a sticker to advertise for you and I don't really care to let strangers know what I like or where I've been. Also I'm one of those long haired bearded biker looking people. Best to not ad fuel to the fire.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Some things sound so familiar in that post Nashoba Losa. Very similar with different venues and facts. My signs too remind me of who and what I have become. My wife ignores some of my signs but we have become much closer after loosing our son in 2015 at 22yrs of age. The "Memorial Holiday" has taken on a much deeper frame of mind for us and we are moving on but not forgetting what we had and who we are!
*Have a great day and keep your powder dry!
Just saw this! Rick...So very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing a child.

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
the one profession that you seem to always see a rear window gun rack is a bricklayer ... got to have someplace to put your long level if you don't have a lockable bed cap ...

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I really miss rear window gun racks. You just don’t see them anymore. Only $15 at Amazon to buy. Of coutse most rear windows are too dark tint ro be able to see the gun’s any longer.
Mine has fishing rods on it.

Reactions: rmichael63

·
Registered
408 Posts

Neither of my last two trucks (which encompass the last 27 years) have been easily fitted with a gun rack. I looked pretty hard for something that would work without drilling a bunch of holes in my '94. When it was time for the 2007 I was pretty resigned to not having one anymore.

I used to have NRA and Gun Club stickers on my rear window, as they peeled they were not replaced, .... except for a small one that only says "LAPUA". I figure that reference is obsure enough not to draw unwanted attention.

Bruce

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,287 Posts
I used to have NRA and Gun Club stickers on my rear window, as they peeled they were not replaced, .... except for a small one that only says "LAPUA". I figure that reference is obsure enough not to draw unwanted attention.

Bruce
Some well-meaning guy might think he’s doing you a favor by adding New Guinea next to Lapua ;)

·
Registered
425 Posts
It's funny, this JUST happened to me today. Was pumping gas, and a guy approached me asking about Palmetto State Armory, and had I been there, what did I think.? I happen to be quite familiar with them, as I live close by, and gave him my thoughts.. but wondered "How did he know..?" Then I realized I have a PSA sticker AND FN sticker on the side of the vehicle right next to me as I pumped gas, Like you my fellow buckeye, I am cautious but subtle about the stickers and advertisement.

Reactions: rmichael63

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
It's funny, this JUST happened to me today. Was pumping gas, and a guy approached me asking about Palmetto State Armory, and had I been there, what did I think.? I happen to be quite familiar with them, as I live close by, and gave him my thoughts.. but wondered "How did he know..?" Then I realized I have a PSA sticker AND FN sticker on the side of the vehicle right next to me as I pumped gas, Like you my fellow buckeye, I am cautious but subtle about the stickers and advertisement.
right on ... i'm not out in someones face with my stickers but I still like to show my support ...

61 - 80 of 80 Posts