Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there all, my name is Chris, brand new to this forum. I recently got back into shooting after a many, many year break. I am ex-military, and very much enjoy recreational shooting on the weekends. I am also lucky enough to have a wife that recently discovered an enjoyment of the sport (so we shoot most weekends at a local outdoor range).

I was a nice guy, and for her first time out, set her up with a Ruger 10/22 rifle on a local indoor range. Well, folks, it was a hit! (Pardon the pun!) We shot a few more times to be sure, then I purchased her her very first rifle - her very own Ruger 10/22 Carbine :) We sexified it up with an ATI Strike force plastic stock (allows her the shorter length of pull that she needs),and a really good quality 3-9X40mm scope. For being a stock rifle for the most part, its decently accurate, and she scares me with it, shes far too good for a beginner! lol

For myself, I being a guy (lol) picked up an SKS for myself. After shooting that for a while, I remembered what my original plan was... I was going to get myself a.22 rifle to shoot. (Ammo being reatrdedly expensive for most calibre’s) So I finally went out and picked up an identical rifle to my wife's.. I am now the proud owner of a Ruger 10/22 Carbine (wood stock), that I installed a Tasco 6-24X50mm scope onto. Having some accuracy troubles with mine, which I posted about already.

So, I hope that is a good introduction, feel free to ask away anything I might have missed. I am going to dig around for accurization techniques that wont break the bank right off the start..lol

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
well, first of all, welcome, if we didn't already do that thing. second of all, i don't see how you and/or your wife could go wrong with the 10/22. congrats! so much fun and so cheap to shoot and so many mods for folks who are into that. tons and tons of fun! enjoy!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, newbie question.. the "club member" boxes.. whats that all about?

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Phoenix!

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
ok, newbie question.. the "club member" boxes.. whats that all about?
There are little icons that you can add to your signature. See the FAQ section for explanation.

Welcome to the forum from West Virginia.

·
Registered
60 Posts
G'day mate, I'm new here also. Do you say "G'day" in Canada also? Cool! I thought that was purely an Australian colloquialism! :cool:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a few of us, I think you from down under rubbed off on us!!

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Welcome from the Central Coast of California.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Welcome from southern OK. Enjoy. It's a great place to hang out.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum Chris

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.