Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Request feedback on any who have had services performed by Gemini Custom Gunsmithing. http://www.geminicustoms.com/RugerGP100.html I like everything I see on their site, however, I am not sure I want to have a three inch barrel ported. I realize that muzzle flip is reduced but I'm not sure I want bullet velocity to suffer...and how 'bout the actual safety of this type of operation? Their GP100 package looks to be the perfect concealed carry weapon methinks. Again...feedback please.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Don't know anything about Gemini. Opinions differ, but i do not care for porting on a defensive handgun. Concerned about firing from the hip and having the gas and debris fly up in my face. Also concerned about contributing more muzzle flash at night destroying more night vision (.357 flash from a standard barrel is bad enough). I don't think that there would be a substantial loss in velocity.
Seems a lot of people like porting anyway. Sure is a good lookin 3" gp on their site. Don't know if their hybra-porting is any different from other types of porting to address my concerns about it.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
porting does hold down on muzzel whip it will also make a big flash in low lite conditions, and its alot louder. I have 696 smith that came that way from smith. its loud, I never carry it when there is going to low lite conditions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts