Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Georgia HB 89 PASSED!

State Parks, Historical Sites, Wildlife Management Areas, & Public Transportation are no longer off limits for permit holders.

Also "Business Security and Employee Privacy Act.". This act prohibits an employer from searching an employees vehicle for firearms.

http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2007_08/fulltext/hb89.htm

·
Registered
123 Posts
as of july 1st

·
Banned
108 Posts
Great news! I wish Virginia would get on the bandwagon. I think every state should allow carry in state parks and wildlife management areas.

·
Banned
723 Posts
This is a "step" in the right direction. :)

I'm happy for Georgians right now, but there is still a lot of work to do before we have concealed carry by all law abiding citizens that choose to.

Biker

·
Registered
301 Posts
I could see Texas taking this on, but I won't hold out for California. When I do get my CCW I'll just have to be happy with that.

Great move for Georgia though!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Not sure where I heard it but have heard the the Corp of Engineers came out with a statement concerning this not opening up the Corp lakes and lands for CCW.

tk

·
Registered
210 Posts
Not sure where I heard it but have heard the the Corp of Engineers came out with a statement concerning this not opening up the Corp lakes and lands for CCW.

tk
Yeah,Corp parks are going to be a problem...they always seem to make their own rules.
JL

·
Banned
723 Posts
I could see Texas taking this on, but I won't hold out for California. When I do get my CCW I'll just have to be happy with that.

Great move for Georgia though!
IIRC CA has some of the most "liberal" rulings on places allowed to carry. The problem is, being able to get a Concealed Weapons Permit in that State. Basically, from what I've heard, if you have a CCW in CA, there is almost no place "off limits" to you, but I could be wrong.

Biker

·
Registered
210 Posts
IIRC CA has some of the most "liberal" rulings on places allowed to carry. The problem is, being able to get a Concealed Weapons Permit in that State. Basically, from what I've heard, if you have a CCW in CA, there is almost no place "off limits" to you, but I could be wrong.

Biker
California Must Notify Officer: No
Wildlife Management Areas:No
State/National Forests: Yes
State Parks: No
Road Side Rests: Yes

JL

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks for that info, JL.

I wasn't going to look into it until I stated my training class. Seems CA is living up to its name as the "odd-ball state" :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanks for that info, JL.

I wasn't going to look into it until I stated my training class. Seems CA is living up to its name as the "odd-ball state" :D
No problem-I got my info from www.handgunlaw.us
There's alot of good info on there about CC.
JL

·
Registered
295 Posts
lofty

Maybe NC will now pull the 'lofty' heads out of the A$$$es; and do something with the ?decent? folks in mind.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Aren't Corps of Engineers parks federal?
They're on Federal property,but are ran and managed by the Army Corp of Engineers. AFAIK,they kinda get to make their own rules and are exempt from any federal legislation-like Military installations.
JL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts