Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems my local Gander Mountain has converted to a Gun World store. From what I Googled, they take out all the fishing, skiing, and camping gear to make the store 75% guns and accessories. Sounds great.

It's probably done, but the Grand Opening is next weekend. I may go look later today.

My budget and gun wants are done for now, but I would like to see a good selection of holsters and other goodies. Regular Ganders were pretty thin on that.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
They opened one near here in Sugarland,TX about a month ago...

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
I'm happy for you I guess. I suggest knowing your prices before you go in a Gander. They are very proud of the stuff they sell. I think they are in competition with Cabela's and BassPro. Someone needs to pay the overhead on their stores. One plus for Gander they do welcome legally carried CCW'S.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went, and it's really something. They now have about 200 feet of elbow high cases for handguns and optics, with long gun racks on the wall behind them all. The used handguns have increased from one case to five. I'd say you stand a pretty good chance of finding any gun in current production.

The prettiest was a recent Colt SAA, fully engraved, nickel plated, for $2900. The used cases seemed to be mostly 9mms (lots of Glocks), and several of the old Tokarev 7.62 pistols.

Otherwise, they had expanded the ammo, holsters, etc. by maybe 20%, but one of the clerks I know said more is coming. The prices didn't look any better, though.

You need a drool cup, and lots of cash or plastic.

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
Are the prices still as high as normal Gander prices?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts