Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sticking with 7.5 yards for now until I get better. But I'm happy with this, it seems I'm getting a little steadier every time out.

This is two handed, double action. I seem to shoot better at double action than single.

Just for fun I put a fresh target up for my last six rounds and fired them as fast as I could. Again at 7.5 yards.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Great targets...to the left is solved!!! Have you tried one thousand bang one thousand bang....just cranking off six at that pace-keeping as good a sight picture as that time allows? I'll bet you'll be pleased....

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sheepdog. Yes, the left problem was solved by moving the rear sight to somewhere near the middle. I haven't tried that pace drill (I've hardly tried anything!) but I will next time.

I'm trying to convince my wife to come with me Sunday to the outdoor range I went to last week. She's nervous about going the first time, but I know once she fires the first shot of .38 through it, she'll realize it's not so bad and she'll settle down and get comfortable.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
My 12-year-old fired a 4" Service Six .357 with full house 158-gr. jhps no problem-almost half a box, and I know she'll enjoy shooting .38...may outshoot you, though, they often do that....:D

·
Registered
758 Posts
You are doing just fine! Not only that, you posted a great report!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts