Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to buy a Ruger P95 soon - just to have as an inexpensive extra gun.

Anything I should know? I haven't read too many negatives about them over the years...

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I also looked at a P95 this week. Very interesting. Just might find a place for one in my safe, this summer.....:)

·
Registered
336 Posts
As it's been said many times, the P95 is one of the most reliable, well-built and accurate 9mm's available at any price. I have 2 of them and they are both fantastic pistols.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
i had one last year still kickin my behind for sellin it, i added tru glo fiberoptic sights and she shot great, if i run on to one at a good price ill own it

·
Registered
947 Posts
Good solid gun Accurate, reliable, and a pleasure to shoot!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
They're great. I think I have 3 of them. ( Don't ask )
You'll need to decide if you want the decocker only or the one with an external safety.
They also changed them just a bit awhile back.
The newer style has a bit (minor) of a textured grip. It helps when the hands get a little sweaty.
As everyone has said, they shoot great and retain their value well.
Oh, and they last forever.

·
Registered
253 Posts
My P95 has been 100 percent reliable since I got it in 1998, and it's more accurate than a lot of folks give it credit for. Only thing I regret is not getting the stainless model.

I consider the P95 the best value in a centerfire defense auto extant.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yea, i regret not getting the stainless model also.... I don't mind the black (it's what I wanted at the time) but after a while, the stainless would have looked nicer. Anyone have a Stainless manual safety slide they want to sell?

·
Registered
123 Posts
getting my p95 tommorow
range/shop opens at 11 am ill be there b4 that:D

i have it on layaway counting hrs now

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yea, i regret not getting the stainless model also.... I don't mind the black (it's what I wanted at the time) but after a while, the stainless would have looked nicer. Anyone have a Stainless manual safety slide they want to sell?

It's not the looks I crave (though stainless does look better), but the fact that, with a stainless, I can shove it into my pants "Mexican style" when I walk the dog at night and not worry about my sweat making it rust.

But I have a KP97 that I carry that way, so it's all good.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Love mine.
Added trigicon night sites and a handball grip.

Loaded with CORBON's....

One of 2 Rugers trust for home defense.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts