Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided I need to get in better shape not thinking that I was that out of shape. The famous last words lol. I got up this morning and decided I would start walking not far at first, just and easy 5 mile walk I should be able to do that right Wrong. I cut it back by around two miles and now I here at the house and soon there after my back side should up. Well I know the feeling of those old basic training days only in those days it was around 20 miles. They told us it wasd 10, we started at 1 pm got back in at 7 AM. I know it was at least 20 miles.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Having been a bit overweight, smoking for a lot of yrs and working in and around all kinds of chemicals for much of my life, COPD, high BP and high cholesterol kinda bother me nowadays. Got the pressure under control with meds but sticking to a healthy diet and exercising is hard on an old man. 5 miles?? Aint no way. my Doc told me even a few hundred yds each day is much better than watching TV or other things. Usually I can make a half mile pretty easily, some days a whole one or better. Kinda embarassing though when me and that old dog are wheezing along doing our best and all others passing us. Some days, looking at them pretty girl jogger's backsides as they go by do add a bit of pep to my step.:D
Baker

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I used to weigh 310 pounds, now I weigh about 208 and am 6 ft 2 inchs tall. I used to have to take high blood pressure medicine too. Now I don't take nothing. All it takes is the will to do it, plain and simple. If you really really want to, you can do it. You don't need no stinking pill or anything else. I walked, then lifted weights, then jogged until I lost what I wanted to lose. That has been almost 4 years now. If you want to do it, you can do it. I got before and after pics too if you really want to see.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes it does and really most of the time I think we know we are getting out of shape just keep telling ourselves I will. Well I have made up my mind that its not going to get done unless I do it. I am feeling good tonite after work alot better than I thought I would be tonite. I am looking forward tomorrow, and I think I am going to sleep better.
Baker your right a little each day does more than none at all. I have thought today about waht to do to get my walking in when it rains got it Wal Mart its open 24 a days here, even in the really cold days. Walking is walking no matter where its done, the idea is to do it.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
The pain your feeling is the weakness leaving your body....

It's one of those things, don't let that stop you... I'm now 50 yrs old and when I started my job back in March I was 238 lbs, and would get tired and sore from the activity associated with my job.

I now just weighed this morning and I'm 210 lbs, and feel a whole bunch better than I used to. I changed my diet, and watch what I eat keeping it controled. No fast food what so ever, more fruits and vegtables and the meals are ballanced. I no longer walk away feeling like I ate EVERYTHING hurting.

YOU CAN DO IT......

If I can do it, YOU can do it.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks JB, I am really liking the feeling, I don't have alot of bad pain or anything like that but I feel more alive. And your right that fast food has to go. I have been eatting 2 bannas a day to help keep the cramps down. Its going to be slow going, but I have time. If was easy wouldn't be worth it, least that is the way I am thinking about it. I am not doing too bad for 56. I want to see 66 76 86 and so on, lots of living to do.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I have gone from 205 down to 185 , since about January. It takes a long time to lose the weight.
My goal is to get down to 165 by the end of the year. My wife and I have both been really
watching what we eat. What I wouldn't give for a Big Mac!{lol}

1 - 10 of 10 Posts