Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Jury is out on "ghosts", etc. But doesn't it seem strange so many people just "happen" to have their cameras, phones, etc out and ready at just the right time?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Didn't watch the video and would agree most are faked, but I know for a fact what I and my family experienced after my dad passed wasn't faked

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm a trained scientific person by trade, education and nature. I don't debate these things because having experienced them personally and professionally I have no doubt in my mind of their basis. I'm retired from healthcare.
In my own home I have had sheets pulled off me in bed by unseen forces that honestly scared me. I politely ( but shakily) asked that it not be done again because it was frightening and the behavior stopped. I and others have heard footsteps ascending stairs in our home shortly after the death of a family member, as well seen layers of tobacco scented smoke appear from nothingness next to the same beloved dead family member's chair. Daddy was a pipe smoker. I've seen bread a wrapper twist tie spin on the breakfast table like a propeller after Daddy's death. He, a skeptic, had once commented that "spinning something like this (a twist tie in his hand) would likely be all a spirit could do considering the sheer force something like that would take."
Again I don't debate and really am not interested in contrary opinions. I let others believe as they wish, but have my own comfortable beliefs. Don.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Quantum physics tells us that there are 11 or 12 dimensions, that we barely understand. Who knows what goes on outside the four dimensions of space-time that we are familiar with. It's anyone's guess. Do I believe in ghosts? No, I believe in the possibility of ghosts.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,543 Posts
I'm not the superstitious kind and unless, someone else testifies to it, I'm not just about ready to believe it. But I saw one and it was my two-year old niece that brought it to my attention... and another one that I ignored until a cousin who's with me at the time asked me, "did you see it too?"

Now, my superstitious mom recently told me on the phone, ghosts aren't real. Since my father died two years ago, it has become a habit for her to wake up in the middle of the night and "talk to my dad" and ask that he make his presence known: Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
There are scientists who claim to have seen ghosts and scientific instruments to detect the strange paranormal although I have never seen ghosts.

Quantum mechanics/physics i.e string theory that can show 10 or 11 other dimensions beyond our own 4 dimensional world. There is much out there we do not understand yet.

Just look a what we know now that was not known a 1,000 or 2,000 years ago. What we know now and take for granted was considered witchcraft 500 years ago.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,
Heb. 9:27

·
Registered
805 Posts
Never have seen a ghost or a UFO but I find both subjects very interesting. I do know a few people who are very credible that have had encounters with both phenomenon. Is it possible they misinterpreted some other event? Sure it is but for those few I know with these experiences what they report I am confident did happen but the jury is out on what it really was.

I like to watch You Tube of this stuff and most of it is fake and some of it so obviously so as to be laughable.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Some people have too much time on their hands!

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
17,034 Posts
It's Windows 10 ... nothing more.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
when I was a young man LSD was legal. I saw plenty of "ghosts."
it is said "if you remember the sixties, you probably weren't there."

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How about Ouija boards. Anyone mess around with one of those?

·
Registered
17,256 Posts
I aint buyin it.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
The video is an obvious bit of fackery. There are thousands of folks who profess to have seen ghost, flying saucers, big foot, and a host of other phenomena. Personally, I haven't had any such encounters and therfore have doubts. This isn't to say that there isn't anything to the sightings. It's just that I have diffuculty believing such.

·
Registered
395 Posts
No. Anything that's a part of our natural world, even beyond our planet, is measurable. Anything that is "supernatural" is not measurable, and therefore can't impinge on the local natural world. So no ghosts.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts